Jets GM:...

hvp05

Methodically disorganized
A couple weeks ago the Jets were hot. Now they're slipping bad. What happened?

Bay_Kat

Tropical
The Jets on Monday suspended Alosi for the season without pay and fined him an additional $25,000 after he stuck out a knee and tripped Miami's Nolan Carroll, who was covering the punt in the third quarter of the Dolphins' 10-6 win Sunday. Carroll stayed down on the field for several minutes after the play but was not injured.

I was watching the game Sunday. I couldn't believe when I saw this. That's just low.

donbarzini

The Jets were never hot unless you consider a team beating scrub teams hot.

They haven't beaten anyone of any relevance.

:yeahthat:

Their only "legitimate" win was early against a Patriot's team that bears no semblance to the Patriots currently

ItalianScallion

Harley Rider
I haven't posted on this topic but help me understand something. I saw the video and those 5 guys (the wall) were completely out of bounds (outside the large white sideline). The player was out of bounds also, so what's the issue? I could understand if the "wall" was on the green part of the field...

thurley42

HY;FR
I haven't posted on this topic but help me understand something. I saw the video and those 5 guys (the wall) were completely out of bounds (outside the large white sideline). The player was out of bounds also, so what's the issue? I could understand if the "wall" was on the green part of the field...

There wasn't an issue until he stuck his knee out and tripped him....

thurley42

HY;FR
Yes but his knee was still at the outer edge of the white sideline...

He tripped him on purpose.....you can't do that......a player is allowed to come back into play if he's forced out...the head hunter normally gets forced out by the two blockers and runs down the sideline out of bounds....they were trying to make a wall to take him out of the play....it's bush league.

ItalianScallion

Harley Rider
He tripped him on purpose.....you can't do that......a player is allowed to come back into play if he's forced out...the head hunter normally gets forced out by the two blockers and runs down the sideline out of bounds....they were trying to make a wall to take him out of the play....it's bush league.
Ok, that's what I wasn't sure of. I knew they couldn't come back in if they went out of bounds but I didn't know that he was forced out...Thanks!

Larry Gude

Strung Out

Absolutely. I saw it live and simply could not believe it.

donbarzini

Absolutely. I saw it live and simply could not believe it.

Actually on kick coverage they CAN come back in if they have been forced out of bounds. However; there are two caveats: they must be making an effort to get back in as soon as possible, and they are not allowed to be the 1st one to touch the ball.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Actually on kick coverage they CAN come back in if they have been forced out of bounds. However; there are two caveats: they must be making an effort to get back in as soon as possible, and they are not allowed to be the 1st one to touch the ball.

I know that. I meant to say it was bush league to knee the guy.

:buddies:

donbarzini

Ok, that's what I wasn't sure of. I knew they couldn't come back in if they went out of bounds but I didn't know that he was forced out...Thanks!

I know that. I meant to say it was bush league to knee the guy.

:buddies:

:doh:

Meant to quote and reply to the Scallion's post