Jets v. Steelers...

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Ok, that was a good game!

I really enjoy Phil Simms because I think he does a nice job describing what is going on with Sanchez, how the Jets coaches tried to ask less of him, more running game, easier throws, etc.

Really nice play calling in a couple tough spots for the Jets.

Roethlisburger is, to me, the Elway of our age.

And I have no idea how it was not PI on the Jets #31 on the last play!

Good, enjoyable game!

Otter

Nothing to see here
Ok, that was a good game!

I really enjoy Phil Simms because I think he does a nice job describing what is going on with Sanchez, how the Jets coaches tried to ask less of him, more running game, easier throws, etc.

Really nice play calling in a couple tough spots for the Jets.

Roethlisburger is, to me, the Elway of our age.

And I have no idea how it was not PI on the Jets #31 on the last play!

Good, enjoyable game!

While watching that game and seeing the one penalty for some Steeler leading with his head, it made me wonder why its okay for running backs to lead with theirs? 3 times I saw RBs put their heads into defensive players(both Steeler and Jets RBs)..If they(NFL) are gonna jump the shark with all these un-necessary roughness calls, why are the RBs immune?

Larry Gude

Strung Out
While watching that game and seeing the one penalty for some Steeler leading with his head, it made me wonder why its okay for running backs to lead with theirs? 3 times I saw RBs put their heads into defensive players(both Steeler and Jets RBs)..If they(NFL) are gonna jump the shark with all these un-necessary roughness calls, why are the RBs immune?

If it was up to me to make the argument I would say that someone has to initiate a given movement and that starts with the offense snapping the ball. From there, as the offense, as the initiators, someone has to be entitled to space first and that's gotta be the offense.

That's lame but, I don't know how else to put it.

Otter

Nothing to see here
If it was up to me to make the argument I would say that someone has to initiate a given movement and that starts with the offense snapping the ball. From there, as the offense, as the initiators, someone has to be entitled to space first and that's gotta be the offense.

That's lame but, I don't know how else to put it.

Just as obvious when a defender knows he's gonna hit someone..a RB sees he's gonna be hit, he lowers his head and plows through..whats the diff?? Christ, a defender bumps a QB and he is called...Its gotten totally pathetic..Its a tough game, there wasn't a thing wrong with the way they called it LAST year..blatant hits were dealt with, but this year its downright idiotic with some of the calls.

R

retiredweaxman

My wife and I got back from Heinz Field about an hour ago...I thoroughly enjoyed the game as my JETS won and her Steelers lost. 20-25 degrees, light snow throughout the game...now THAT is how football should be played!!! I was thoroughly surprised that there were no turnovers at all during the game (though there were some close calls - right Big Ben?)

The one thing that got to me during the game were all the Steeler fans biotching EVERY incomplete pass claiming interference.

Yes, the head to head call was legal in that that is how they are calling the game now. However, am I in favor of the rule change? Not entirely. Blatant hits to the head should be outlawed...hits that happen in the normal course of the flow of the game should not.

rich70

STEELERS NATION!!
Just as obvious when a defender knows he's gonna hit someone..a RB sees he's gonna be hit, he lowers his head and plows through..whats the diff?? Christ, a defender bumps a QB and he is called...Its gotten totally pathetic..Its a tough game, there wasn't a thing wrong with the way they called it LAST year..blatant hits were dealt with, but this year its downright idiotic with some of the calls.

I couldn't agree with you more. You're right, there wasn't anything wgong with the way the game was called last year. What they are doing is taking the defense out of the game. The players are scared to try and sack the QB becase it will lead to a 15 yard penalty.