Jiffy Lube Live venue

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
I have never been and am going to see Bob Seger :yahoo: there Saturday night. Just wondering about how is the traffic situation and what time I should leave?

They say the parking lot opens at 4:30 and gates open at 6:30. :sshrug:

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
I'll pray for you.
Thanks, we will need it. :lmao:
Your prayers didn't work. :lol: First, never, ever, EVER trust the weather forecasters. We got soaked going in from a "stray" shower that turned into a downpour with lots of thunder and lightning. After spending $100 for two t-shirts ($40 each!) and two bottles of water ($5 each!!!) we slogged up the stairs to the actual venue.

Fortunately, we had reserved seats under cover and the concert was phenomenal. Bob, rock and rock never forgets! :yahoo:

Then it was time to go home. Figured the worst was over but Mother Nature said "you thought earlier was bad? Here, hold my beer!" and proceeded to absolutely drench us and turn the parking lots into quagmires with rivers of mud surging through them. Oh yeah, even MORE lightning to add to the fun. :yikes: What little parts of us that had been dry were now sopping and our feet brown. Eventually found my car and were thankful for the shelter and warmth.

Finally got out of the parking lot around midnight as it was a fustercluck getting out of there, with the vehicles jockeying for position, the torrential rain and lightning, randomly placed jersey walls, and the poor kids standing out in it trying to direct traffic. :jameo: Got to 66 which is "under construction" and it is still pouring down, reducing visibility even more, so 40-45 mph was about max.

Anyhoo, made it home safe and sound around 2:15 am, then jumped in the shower to wash the funk off and warm up after peeling my still soaked clothes off and depositing them in the washer on the way to my bedroom.

Next time, if there is one, umbrellas and hotel reservations! :lol:

Grumpy

Have heard way too many horror stories about the parking there, add in the bad weather and I'm sure it was a real delight. Would have liked to have seen Seger but was not going to Jiffy Lube. Saw quite a bit of video from his Charlotte concert a week or so ago, looked pretty damn good.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Have heard way too many horror stories about the parking there, add in the bad weather and I'm sure it was a real delight. Would have liked to have seen Seger but was not going to Jiffy Lube. Saw quite a bit of video from his Charlotte concert a week or so ago, looked pretty damn good.
It was awesome and someone I had wanted to see perform since the 70s.

His playlist:
  • Shakedown
  • Still the Same
  • The Fire Down Below
  • Mainstreet
  • Old Time Rock & Roll
  • The Fire Inside
  • Shame on the Moon
  • Roll Me Away
  • Come to Poppa
  • Her Strut
  • Like a Rock
  • You'll Accomp'ny Me
  • We've Got Tonight
  • Travelin' Man
  • Beautiful Loser
  • Turn the Page
  • Forever Young
  • Ramblin' Gamblin' Man
Encore:
  • In Your Time
  • Against the Wind
  • Hollywood Nights
Encore 2:
  • Night Moves
  • Rock and Roll Never Forgets
The Forever Young song was a tribute to so many great artists who have passed, including Glenn Frey, Tom Petty, Prince, Aretha, Greg Allman...and more. I shed a few tears on that one.

mitzi

Nice to hear the parking lot and getting out of there hasn't changed in the 20 years since I've been there. I decided then it was too far to travel and too much of a cluster getting out of there. I love Bob Seger, saw him at Merriweather in the 90s

Grumpy

Nice to hear the parking lot and getting out of there hasn't changed in the 20 years since I've been there. I decided then it was too far to travel and too much of a cluster getting out of there. I love Bob Seger, saw him at Merriweather in the 90s
Heading to Meriweather in June to see Willie Nelson, haven't been to a concert up there since the 70s (Jackson Browne)

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Heading to Meriweather in June to see Willie Nelson, haven't been to a concert up there since the 70s (Jackson Browne)
Haven't been there in quite some time, but remember there were a lot of new rules since the last time I had been there, including no smoking in the venue nor the parking lot. Good luck with THAT with a Willie Nelson show. 🚬

Grumpy

Haven't been there in quite some time, but remember there were a lot of new rules since the last time I had been there, including no smoking in the venue nor the parking lot. Good luck with THAT with a Willie Nelson show. 🚬
I believe the stage area is exempt.

WheezyCarl

I don't think I've been there since the late 90s. Have a good time!

Love Merriweather! Always stop in at UJ's for a pre concert meal & brew. Park in their lot, ask hostess for a "pass", leave on dashboard and your vehicle will be there when the concert is finished.

mitzi

Too many rules now has taken a lot of the fun out of going. I miss the Capital Centre.