Jim Johnson

DipStick

Keep Calm and Don't Care!
A long season no longer. Johnson has become a liability, and a very shaky, undependable one at that.

Yep. It's over. The Red Sox are playing good baseball and running away with the division and the Yanks have got it together and are probably going to surge to second. The Rays are falling apart and the O's keep losing games because of pitching.

I'm tired of Jim Johnson's ####.

b23hqb

PREMO Member
Yep. It's over. The Red Sox are playing good baseball and running away with the division and the Yanks have got it together and are probably going to surge to second. The Rays are falling apart and the O's keep losing games because of pitching.

Yep, you are, and with supposed sarcasm intended. But fear the dreaded Rays. The O's will not have a winning record against them this season, and that is what propelled the O's to their playoff one and done series last year.

It will take more than that, far more, for the O's to make the playoffs this year.

Reality sucks.

DipStick

Oriole Magic !!!! :jerry: Keep the faith . Johnson will straighten himself out or Buck will ! :popcorn:

He's blown countless saves this year. I can't believe Buck hasn't tried K-Rod in as starter yet. The playoffs are close to out of reach and the Red Sox are too good right now.

I'm starting to hate Jim Johnson as much as the other Jim(mie) Johnson.

homedepot20

He's blown countless saves this year. I can't believe Buck hasn't tried K-Rod in as starter yet. The playoffs are close to out of reach and the Red Sox are too good right now.

I'm starting to hate Jim Johnson as much as the other Jim(mie) Johnson.

9 blown saves with O's leading by 1 run in 9th ! O's are 65-55 . If Johnson had converted those save opps , O's would be 74-44 !! IN FIRST PLACE leading sorry A$$ Red Sox. :cds:

DipStick

9 blown saves with O's leading by 1 run in 9th ! O's are 65-55 . If Johnson had converted those save opps , O's would be 74-44 !! IN FIRST PLACE leading sorry A$$ Red Sox. :cds:

He leads the league in blown saves - and is closing in on setting records.

Your ####'s gotten old Jim.

OldHillcrestGuy

He leads the league in blown saves - and is closing in on setting records.

Your ####'s gotten old Jim.

I feel your pain Dippy, I'll trade you Alfonso Soranio for Jim Johnson, That crazy nut case gives me a heart attack everytime he pitches, he's as bad as Johnson. Nat fans will just have to suffer through the rest of the season and get Davey Johnson out of there, if it wasnt his last season he'd be fired by now. Nats ownership knows it would be horrible for them to fire him. Hate it when a pitcher is cruising along and about the 6th ot 7th Davey pulls him for the relievers to come in and blow the games.

homedepot20

A long season no longer. Johnson has become a liability, and a very shaky, undependable one at that.

Oriole Magic !!!! :jerry: Keep the faith . Johnson will straighten himself out or Buck will ! :popcorn:

Magic doesn't seem to be there this year !!!!! 34 games remaining and I'm getting worried . I thought after last year the bad years were behind and the Glory :yahoo: of Oriole past was returning . Guess I thought too much

b23hqb

PREMO Member
I didn't watch the game. I rarely do when they play the dreaded Rays, because the outcome is almost assured a loss for the O's. But did I read the box score right this morning?

Did Johnson come in in the 9th with the bases loaded? It looks like he pitched the last 2/3 of the 9th, and gave up three hits, but all three base runners he inherited scored, counting against McFarland.

Johnson was not the only failure last night, but he failed to do his job again.

b23hqb

PREMO Member
Tommy Hunter CLOSED OUT 4-2 O's Win over Tampa Bay ! Buck might just be sending out the message that he wants to play in October and doing what has to be done to do it :whistle:

Nothing wrong with that, except a four-way fight for the last WC spot for the privilege of a one game play-in.....