"Jimmy" from H.R. Pufnstuf dies

bresamil

wandering aimlessly
I remember him. A cute kid. I watched that show when I was little and I remember having a crush on him.

SamSpade

Who's your friend, when things get rough?

I think Jack Wild was the first "where are they now" type I ever looked up online. Probably after watching "Some Kind of Wonderful" for about the tenth time, and wondering if that was him singing "I Can't Help Falling in Love With You" as the credits roll (it isn't, but it sounds like the way he used to sound).

Aside from "Oliver" and "Pufnstuf", I think I remember a song or two we heard in school - like one, I think, on "pronouns".

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Witchiepoo!

morganj614 said:
Witchy Poo,

"This is terrible! This is awful! We'll never be ready! I'll fail the inspection test! I'll be a washed up, ditched witch, without a wand to witch with!"
Billy Hayes, aka Witchiepoo

Billie Hayes is downright brilliant in the role of Witchipoo, quite possibly the best witch performance ever created. Whether doling out her maniacal laughter, rolling out the tongue twisters, boinking her two sidekicks on the head with her wand, or wallowing in self pity, Witchipoo steals the scene every time.

She was brilliant. Just brilliant.

In the land where EVERYTHING can talk:

The good guys include Pufnstuf's silent deputies, Cling and Clang

All hail the bad guys:

Witchipoo's minions include her evil trees, talking mushrooms, Stupid Bat, and her principle accomplices, Orson the vulture and Seymour Spider.

Stupid Bat!

Segue...

My STUPID older sister used to make us watch the freakin Buggaloos when it was her turn. This was when I first realized that the concept of sharing was something I would fight against until my dying breathe.

I was always a Banana Splits kid.

(Dislaimer; My older sis is one of my favorite people now! She stopped being a jerk when I got my own TV...when i moved out. She still watches stupid shows though. So, it's best we live apart.)

greyhound

Hummm...the opening song to the show....

Opening Lyrics: H.R. Pufnstuf, who's your friend when things get rough?
H.R. Pufnstuf, can't do a little, 'cause you can't do enough

now that i'm older ....well , do you see a drug reference?

greyhound said:
Hummm...the opening song to the show....

Opening Lyrics: H.R. Pufnstuf, who's your friend when things get rough?
H.R. Pufnstuf, can't do a little, 'cause you can't do enough

now that i'm older ....well , do you see a drug reference?

Nope, I don't. I never did drugs. :razz:

Thanks for posting that link cousin...it brings back memories! Another show that I watched as a kid (and now think of it as terribly stupid!) is:

Aside from "Pufnstuf," the most enduring Krofft show was undoubtedly "Land of the Lost "(NBC, 1974-1977; reruns later appeared on CBS), which featured a dad (Spencer Milligan as Rick Marshall) and his two kids (Wesley Eure as Will and Kathy Coleman as Holly) who fell through a time tunnel and landed in the prehistoric age. Each week they tried to find a way back home while battling dinosaurs and lizard-like humanoids called Sleestaks. They also made some friends in this prehistoric world, including Chaka (Philip Paley), a curious ape-like creature called a Pakuni.

The Sleestaks!!! Aghhh!!!!!! :jameo:

greyhound

Speedy70 said:
Thanks for posting that link cousin...it brings back memories! Another show that I watched as a kid (and now think of it as terribly stupid!) is:

Aside from "Pufnstuf," the most enduring Krofft show was undoubtedly "Land of the Lost "(NBC, 1974-1977; reruns later appeared on CBS), which featured a dad (Spencer Milligan as Rick Marshall) and his two kids (Wesley Eure as Will and Kathy Coleman as Holly) who fell through a time tunnel and landed in the prehistoric age. Each week they tried to find a way back home while battling dinosaurs and lizard-like humanoids called Sleestaks. They also made some friends in this prehistoric world, including Chaka (Philip Paley), a curious ape-like creature called a Pakuni.

The Sleestaks!!! Aghhh!!!!!! :jameo:

I couldn't stand "Land of the Lost". But the show that was really great...."ElectraWoman & DynaGirl" (LOL) I did my hair like DynaGirl's before school one day. I thought I was cooool!!! How sad for me!!!!

greyhound said:
I couldn't stand "Land of the Lost". But the show that was really great...."ElectraWoman & DynaGirl" (LOL) I did my hair like DynaGirl's before school one day. I thought I was cooool!!! How sad for me!!!!

Now see, I didn't like ElectraWoman & DynaGirl!

I just came from Circuit City. While passing by the DVD's I saw a box set of the Land of the Lost series! I had to remind myself that I am too old for that stuff now and to keep walking!! :lmao:

W

Wenchy

Speedy70 said:
I just came from Circuit City. While passing by the DVD's I saw a box set of the Land of the Lost series! I had to remind myself that I am too old for that stuff now and to keep walking!! :lmao:

:razz:

Attachments

• sleestak.jpg
    sleestak.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 71