Job listing

L'Town.girl

An obvious prerequisite seemly not included in the job summary. Interesting...
Southern Maryland Electric Cooperative has an immediate opening for a Diversity & Inclusion Director. The primary functions of this position will be to research, develop, recommend and execute creative strategies to foster the organization’s diversity goals. This position will review current practices and policies, assessing and analyzing the extent to which they support or hinder SMECO’s diversity goals, develop, recommend and promote diversity initiatives within the recruitment process. This position will also provide guidance to supervisors and employees on problems originating from work situations or surrounding environment involving cultural differences and performance.

This position requires a dynamic and seasoned Diversity & Inclusion professional that has worked closely with Upper Management and the employees to develop a D&I strategy with proven outcomes while enhancing the culture and employee experience for everyone.

A Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or a related field is required, a Master’s degree is preferred. Candidates must have a minimum of 5 years of Human Resources or related experience with at least three years specializing in equal employment opportunity, affirmative action, and diversity programs. Must possess strong communication skills in the areas of written and verbal communication.

Starting salary ranges between $93,400 to $125,800. SMECO offers an excellent benefits program including a 401k 6% dollar for dollar match and additional 3% non-elective company contribution.

Interested candidates should apply via SMECO’s website at www.smeco.coop/car

Last edited:

ginwoman

That's a hell of a lot of money to pay someone to piss off all the employees and cause a bunch of hate and discontent.

I should apply for that job. Being a Trump voter I will immediately add diversity to their management roster.
Yes it is a lot of money! Holy carp! And you're right about pissing off people and causing hate and discontent.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Internal promotion. Written specifically for an individual with quals no one else can meet.

Somebody's daughter no doubt. How much education and experience does it take to write a report saying "ya'll racist haters, go kill yourselves," and then set the cube farm on fire?

GregV814

well, lets examine the possibilities of this:

a group of non democrats, mostly between the ages of 22-32 with impeccable credentials apply for the position. None get selected. As a group, they contact the Department of Justice, Civil Rights Division with a civil action claiming discrimination. Litigation would be very expensive and it cannot be swept under the carpet of affirmative action.

all in favor, say AYE...

SamSpade

These announcements might as well have "your name must be ___ "right in them.

Or a wish list. Admittedly I've seen way too many job openings in my workplace where they WANTED to directly hire a certain person but couldn't because of policy. In my workplace, if you're hiring - you submit something like this - and HR decides who you interview.

BUT - I've also seen pieces like this where the bar is so high - they end up hiring no one.

Hessian

They should seek a champion of environmental justice....and then ponder who keeps cutting their power lines at night.

PeoplesElbow

Or a wish list. Admittedly I've seen way too many job openings in my workplace where they WANTED to directly hire a certain person but couldn't because of policy. In my workplace, if you're hiring - you submit something like this - and HR decides who you interview.

BUT - I've also seen pieces like this where the bar is so high - they end up hiring no one.
Same here, my bosses kept putting out an announcement hoping someone that left a few years prior would apply, when he didnt they closed and would renounce a few weeks later. It wasn't for my series, but I wanted to run an ad that read "___, please call ____ and tell them you're not interested or apply for the damn announcement" Many of my friends were getting their Hope's up for a promotion that kept getting closed.

black dog

Free America
well, lets examine the possibilities of this:

a group of non democrats, mostly between the ages of 22-32 with impeccable credentials apply for the position. None get selected. As a group, they contact the Department of Justice, Civil Rights Division with a civil action claiming discrimination. Litigation would be very expensive and it cannot be swept under the carpet of affirmative action.

all in favor, say AYE...

I would bet litigation over to much whiteness is the reason for this new position.