Jobs for 14y/o

In our previous town, with a workers permit, there are a fair number of jobs for a 14y/o. Does anyone know of places around SOMD that would hire at that age?

Thanks,

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
to be honest, with the strict labor laws, 14 yr olds are not worth the paper work

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
to be honest, with the strict labor laws, 14 yr olds are not worth the paper work
:yeahthat:

I remember working at Mattingly's IGA and we had one or 2 working with permits, but that was a much, much simpler time. Jimmy Mattingly was good about giving young people a chance to prove themselves even if some of us turned out to be **** ups. :lol:

black dog

Free America
My son went to work at the hardware store in Leonardtown at 14 and worked for the brothers for 3 years. They have since sold the two hardware stores but the older brother still has the train store in Leonardtown. The Rudmon brothers treated the kids well and gave them all opportunity to learn the workings and how to run a section of the store they worked in. Thanks Marty and Al, It was a great experience for him.

I thought the paperwork wasn't that big of a deal, print it out from online and have school and business sign it, unless I have forgotton something?

Last edited:

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
I had my 1st job at age 14 in Massachusetts with a work permit. I was a rake jockey for a landscaping service over the summer.

PeoplesElbow

I ran a grass mowing business at that age, made a few hundred a week in the spring as it also lead to putting out mulch and washing/waxing vehicles of my clients. I was making over $20/hr cash in the very late 80s and early 90s. The money dried up in the summer months but came back in the fall.

black dog

Free America
I had my 1st job at age 14 in Massachusetts with a work permit. I was a rake jockey for a landscaping service over the summer.

We did that apple thing at my dads house...
Before 13 I was master chief's personal slave and I had indentured service during summers and vacations to the farm in Walkersville with my g'aunts and g'uncles.
Will work for hot food and a bed still means something.