Jobs

hvp05

Methodically disorganized
Did I hear him say the equivalent of, "We must pass it before we can see what's in it?"

:coffee:

Mongo53

He can't afford to have anyone stop and think about what he is proposing, if they did, they'd realize there is no way what he's claiming could ever happen.

IMO, its all political theater, there is no way what he is proposing will ever pass, NOR does he intend for it to pass, he's just wants to have the issue for the 2012 election, to say its all the Republican fault. His speech is designed for sound bites and video clips for campaign ads in a year.

Dakota

~~~~~~~
Did Kerry just mouth "he isn't saying much about the economy" to the female who was standing next to him???

Also... why is Obama using Warren Buffett as a rich person who wants to pay more taxes when he has - and I believe is still fighting his tax bill?

BOP

Bayner looked like he wanted to reach out and head-slap Obama.

Minimum of 15 "we need to pass this NOW's."

Dakota

~~~~~~~
I hate this lying mother f$@ker.

He wants to extend unemployment another 12 months???? Did I hear that right early on? The thunder was getting very loud as he was talking. If he did... how can a job bill include extending unemployment for 12 more months??? :confused:

EDIT: I heard it correctly - he wants to extend unemployment for 12 more months - interesting - takes him right to the next election...

Last edited:

BOP

I'm quitting my job the day after they pass the Unemployment Benefits Forever Bill.

Aerogal

USMC 1983-1995
He wants to extend unemployment another 12 months???? Did I hear that right early on? The thunder was getting very loud as he was talking. If he did... how can a job bill include extending unemployment for 12 more months??? :confused:

Remember - Nancy said unemployment was good for the economy.

"Jul 1, 2010 – Unemployment benefits are creating jobs faster than practically any other program, House Speaker Nancy Pelosi said Thursday.
www.realclearpolitics.com/.../nancy_pelosi_unemployment_benefits_cre..."

BOP

Actually, I was flipping back and forth between "World's Dumbest...." on truTV, and the speech. When you think about it, both shows could be called "World's Dumbest...."

Severa

Common sense ain't common
Speech not enough for Obama - CNN Opinion

It will take more than a speech to restore faith in Obama - CNN Opinion

About a month ago, the dams finally burst as commentators gave voice to the concern building for some time among everyday Americans: Did we elect a president who just doesn't have what it takes to lead?

The president had just struck what was perhaps the most destructive of his one-sided compromises with the Republicans, agreeing to cut the deficit by requiring "shared sacrifice" from everyone -- seniors, the already-struggling middle class, people who had lost their jobs -- everyone, that is, except millionaires and billionaires, Wall Street speculators and oil companies.

Since then, consumer confidence has plunged by 15 points, swing voters have swung strongly against the president, and even the majority of young people no longer support him. That Obama managed to destroy a generation's enthusiasm for the idea that our leaders might actually help solve our problems is particularly tragic. But it is not surprising.

Young people have become a "lost generation." They can't find their first job and can expect to have lower wages, greater stress levels and poorer health for the rest of their lives, if previous and far less severe recessions are any indication. They came out in record numbers in the last election to vote for a president who has treated them the same way he has treated everyone who gave him their money and effort: as royal subjects who owe him their loyalty regardless of whether he does anything to address their concerns.

---------------------------

Lots more at the link. This being on CNN no less, just damn.....

hvp05

Methodically disorganized
IMO, its all political theater...
Another early line was something about the back-and-forth in Congress and the media's speculation, but the average folks don't want to hear about politics. The tone in his voice and wag of his finger led me to noting the irony of THAT statement being a calculated political slogan.

Dakota

~~~~~~~
The DOW responded to O'blahblahblah's jobs bill by falling over 300 pts.

... smooth move Exlax :yay: