Joe Biden: I Will Force Americans to Wear Masks in Public

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Now, after talking it over with legal experts, Biden believes he can override the individual state decisions not to mandate wearing a mask and impose the order on any state he wants to.

CBS News:

Speaking to reporters in Delaware on Wednesday, Biden said that he had spoken to his campaign’s legal team about the feasibility of imposing such a mandate in certain states, depending on the conditions in the U.S.
“Our legal team thinks I can do that, based upon the degree to which there’s a crisis in those states, and how bad things are for the country,” Biden said. If it were deemed legal, he said would sign an executive order requiring people to wear masks when in public.
Earlier, Biden said he would “pressure” governors and local officials to impose a mask mandate because there was a constitutional question whether he had the authority to bypass state laws and order mask wearing for all. He is framing the issue as this generation’s “sacrifice” and “patriotic” duty.

“Why do you wear a mask? To protect your neighbor? To keep someone else from getting sick and maybe dying. I call that patriotic. This is the United States of America. Every generation has made sacrifices to help others in moments of crisis,” Biden said at the time.
Biden and his running mate, Kamala Harris, called for a three-month nationwide mask mandate in August.
Indeed, a president who claims a “national emergency” for any order is likely to be upheld in court. But rates of infection have been steady for weeks and the number of deaths continues to trend downward. It will be hard for Biden to realistically claim the power to order a mask mandate when the need for one is disappearing. In fact, legal challenges to any such mandate will go on long after the coronavirus threat has passed.

UglyBear

Most lefties I know are creaming their panties at the thought of "mask mandate".
WTF is wrong with them? It's evident now that masks are useless, and just serve as a signal of conformity and compliance.

This is direct comparison with hijabs: long time ago, I knew (and casually dated) a Pakistani girl who lived for a while in the Saudi Arabia, before coming to study in the US. She was super religious Muslim, but did not wear even a shawl, while in the US. She showed me some pictures of herself in either head covering or the full, eyes-only cover-up. She explained that it was just a matter of the community that you were in -- if everyone wore the full thing, you did it, and if nobody wore even head covering you didn't either, and everything in between.

Same as the Muslim slave cover, the masks are just an expression of bringing individuals to heel.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
He did call it a hoax and said .....

Liar

AP FACT CHECK: Biden distorts Trump's words on virus 'hoax'

THE FACTS: The accusation and the selective video editing are misleading. At the rally featured in the video, Trump actually said the phrases “the coronavirus” and “this is their new hoax” at separate points. Although his meaning is difficult to discern, the broader context of his words shows he was railing against Democrats for their denunciations of his administration’s coronavirus response.

“Now the Democrats are politicizing the coronavirus,” he said. “You know that, right? Coronavirus. They’re politicizing it.” He meandered briefly to the subject of the messy Democratic primary in Iowa, then the Russia investigation before returning to the pandemic. “They tried the impeachment hoax. ... And this is their new hoax.”

Asked at a news conference the next day to clarify his remarks, Trump made clear he was not referring to the coronavirus itself as a hoax.

“No, no, no.” he said. ”‘Hoax’ referring to the action that they take to try and pin this on somebody, because we’ve done such a good job. The hoax is on them, not -- I’m not talking about what’s happening here. I’m talking what they’re doing. That’s the hoax.”

He continued: “Certainly not referring to this. How could anybody refer to this? This is very serious stuff.”

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
CNN fact checked Mario Cuomo this in re: the nursing home mandate ... C....N....N :faint:
I wonder what Lil Fredo will have to say about that?