Joe Biden: Make Sure Kids Have their Record Players on at Night

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
"We bring social workers into homes with parents to help them deal with how to raise their children, it’s not that they don’t want help, they don’t know not quite what to do. Play the radio, make sure the television, excuse me, make sure you have the record player on at night, make sure the kids hear words."

SamSpade

I don't mean a turntable - which I haven't seen in almost forty years, but....

WHEN was the last time anyone here saw a "record player" or even a record for that matter?
Hell, where would you even BUY a record?

Did he just announce "hey everybody, I'm WAY too old to live and relate in this century?"

Hijinx

This is the best the Democrats have.

I feel that Joe wouldn't hurt us much as President,but the problem is that Joe wouldn't be President.
He would just sit in the seat and be told what to do by the liberals that put him there.
He never had an original thought in his head.
His run for President is really embarrassing.

Reactions: BOP

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
I don't mean a turntable - which I haven't seen in almost forty years, but....

WHEN was the last time anyone here saw a "record player" or even a record for that matter?
Hell, where would you even BUY a record?

Did he just announce "hey everybody, I'm WAY too old to live and relate in this century?"

Worst part of the video is that the moderator was giving him cover and he got mad at her about cutting him off!

:lmao:

SamSpade

Worst part of the video is that the moderator was giving him cover and he got mad at her about cutting him off!

I've of course, often experienced the generational thing, greatest with not surprisingly, my kids - whom are MUCH younger than I am, much more so than I was with my own parents. So I am accustomed to the idea that some things I take as common knowledge are utterly foreign to them, some ways of doing things are outside their entire life experience and so many things they get as old-fashioned. Similarly, they're incredulous at the fact that I don't know EVERY little thing on the Web or familiar with YouTubers and of course - if I even know about their favorite singers - I know about them about two to three years behind the times, just as MY parents were.

(It wasn't unusual growing up for my parents to key in on a song that was out of date and not know it. I can remember my Dad liking the song "Kung Fu Fighting" about three or four years after it debuted, which to a kid is ancient history).

But while I am way closer in age to Joe than I even am with my kids - I am keenly aware of these things. Granted, I don't care - but I do know they don't watch music videos and they've never heard of a movie or TV show prior to 2000.

transporter

His run for President is really embarrassing.

Really?Biden's run for President is embarrassing?

What nationality of people has Biden called rapists and murderers?

Has he picked a member of a specific race out of the crowd and said "where's my African American"?

How many audiences has he stood before and encouraged to attack the hecklers claiming he would pay any legal costs?

Has he claimed he would walk down the street and shoot someone in the head comfortable in the knowledge that the members of his cult would never desert him?

Has he claimed that women who have abortions should be punished?

Does Biden know what the nuclear triad is?

Does he know what NATO is?

Does he understand the devastation that would follow if the US defaulted on its debt?

TRUMP'S run for President was embarrassing. TRUMP'S Presidency is a stain on this country, it's history and its founding principles.

YOU and all the rest of the cultists are an embarrassment to this country.

PsyOps

Pixelated
I get the criticism of the "record player" reference. But, does a candidate have to appeal, or even relate, to every voting generation? Heck, hearing the words "record player" brings back fond memories for me. I miss those days of putting on my over-played Pat Metheny albums, all scratched up, and skipping at the wrong place. Sam, you had mentioned in another thread about that little dot that's left on those old CRT TVs after you turn it off. That took me back to the days where I would turn the TV off in the dark and just stare at that dot.

I'm not sure if Biden did that on purpose, to appeal to some of the older generations, or if he did it because it just came natural because that's just how he thinks. But I can tell you... that is far more appealing to me than to read tweets that troll people - although Trump's trolling is hilarious.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member

What nationality of people has Biden called rapists and murderers? Biden IS the rapist! :lmao:

Has he picked a member of a specific race out of the crowd and said "where's my African American"? No. It was Indians! :lmao:

How many audiences has he stood before and encouraged to attack the hecklers claiming he would pay any legal costs? None. He knows you pussies couldnt' do it! :lmao:

Has he claimed he would walk down the street and shoot someone in the head comfortable in the knowledge that the members of his cult would never desert him? You're confusing Biden with a Clinton! :lmao:

Has he claimed that women who have abortions should be punished? Didn't need to... https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/20...bortion-rights-still-holds-surprises-n1013846

As a U.S. senator from Delaware, Biden voted against a 1977 compromise that allowed Medicaid to fund abortions that included exceptions for victims of rape and incest in addition to concerns for the life of the mother. While the rape and incest exceptions passed in that case, Biden voted in 1981 to again remove them, in what was the most far-reaching ban on federal funds ever enacted by Congress.

Delivering what must have been one of the most cryptic gaffes of his career, Joe Biden managed to spark mass confusion during the final moment of the latest Democratic debate, after he urged viewers to visit a website that doesn’t exist. Delivering his final remarks after the nine other candidates, Biden laid out his 2020 vision before telling those watching: “If you agree with me, go to Joe 30330” – referring to a phone number.

Does he know what NATO is? Does he know what the number three is?
During a 2008 campaign rally, Biden said: "Look, John's last-minute economic plan does nothing to tackle the number one job facing the middle class, and it happens to be, as Barack says, a three-letter word: Jobs. J-O-B-S."

Does he understand the devastation that would follow if the US defaulted on its debt? Hell... He doesn't understand what a parapalegic is! :lmao:
"Stand up, Chuck, let 'em see ya." —to Missouri state Sen. Chuck Graham, who is in a wheelchair, Columbia, Missouri, Sept. 12, 2008

TRUMP'S
run for President was embarrassing. TRUMP'S Presidency is a stain on this country, it's history and its founding principles.

YOU and all the rest of the cultists are an embarrassment to this country. And Joes gonna make it all better!!! :roflmao:

:killingme

glhs837

Power with Control
I'm baffled that you ecncourage people to teach words through media, and not through talking to them yourself and reading to them.

PsyOps

Pixelated

What nationality of people has Biden called rapists and murderers?

Has he picked a member of a specific race out of the crowd and said "where's my African American"?

How many audiences has he stood before and encouraged to attack the hecklers claiming he would pay any legal costs?

Has he claimed he would walk down the street and shoot someone in the head comfortable in the knowledge that the members of his cult would never desert him?

Has he claimed that women who have abortions should be punished?

Does he know what NATO is?

Does he understand the devastation that would follow if the US defaulted on its debt?

TRUMP'S run for President was embarrassing. TRUMP'S Presidency is a stain on this country, it's history and its founding principles.

YOU and all the rest of the cultists are an embarrassment to this country.

You're quite embarrassing, mucking up the internet with your bilge.

Trump won, not despite those things... he won largely because of those things.

Trump won. And he's going to win again, no matter how much nonsense you spew about him.

Now, before you go kick your dog in a raging fit of anger over my comments, just do what you're best at and simply call me some sort of name like the juvenile you are.

SamSpade

I'm not sure if Biden did that on purpose, to appeal to some of the older generations....

Doesn't matter - easily half of the nation has never seen one. Heck, I get called sometimes for using the term "Walkman" when referring to an iPod or similar device - or God help me, mention they played cassette tapes.

glhs837

Power with Control
Doesn't matter - easily half of the nation has never seen one. Heck, I get called sometimes for using the term "Walkman" when referring to an iPod or similar device - or God help me, mention they played cassette tapes.

The kids (even my soon to be 22yo son) look with humor on anyone using such an ancient piece of tech as an Ipod :) they do still sell them, but.... :)

PsyOps

Pixelated

It's funny, I can still use the words "record" or "album" and just about everyone knows what I'm talking about. I might get teased over it from the younger folks, but they know what it is.

Auntie Biache'

I get the criticism of the "record player" reference. But, does a candidate have to appeal, or even relate, to every voting generation?

Well, when your target audience is today's young social justice warrior, umbilically attached to todays technology, then he might want to reconsider using terms like "record player". While his audience will have people from several generations, they're still not the "target".

Auntie Biache'

It's funny, I can still use the words "record" or "album" and just about everyone knows what I'm talking about. I might get teased over it from the younger folks, but they know what it is.

It all depends on what they're subjected to, I suppose. We have thousands of albums, and probably 5 or 6 hundred CD's (also becoming a dinosaur). So, even my 6 yr old grandson knows what an album is. I'm sure there are many parents who don't have antiques in the home, though.

PsyOps

Pixelated
On another point Sam... I have two turntables in my house.
Well, when your target audience is today's young social justice warrior, umbilically attached to todays technology, then he might want to reconsider using terms like "record player". While his audience will have people from several generations, they're still not the "target".

I have my doubts that our younger generations don't know what a record player is. I have two of them in my house. Granted, they aren't like the old ones my generation used, but they know what it is. Some terms are sort of timeless - like "cool". That word has remained relevant for decades.

What voters hate, is these candidates using political language that only they - mostly - understand. The younger crowds just tune out when that crap happens. Heck, I even start getting annoyed when they do it. Trump speaks like a normal person. Most people, at every generation, can understand him. That's his appeal, he talks to us, not the political class. Biden did just that by using a very simple term, that just about everyone can relate to.

glhs837

Power with Control
I mean my kids know what the wax rolls used in Victrolas are, and the basics of magnetic media, but that doesnt mean they wont consider you a bit odd for thinking anyone still uses them.