Joe Flacco thinks he's the best NFL QB

SoMD_Fun_Guy

Do you like apples?
Joe Flacco thinks he

Flacco - Best NFL QB?
Really? I just don't get it. :confused:
I'll agree that he's gotten better but I still see him making too many mistakes. For example - WTF was he thinking when he grew that mustache last year?

It's one thing to be self confident but it's entirely something different to have an overly inflated ego and arrogance.

I'm sorry Joe, but when people talk about the Ravens they first talk about the D, and if they talk about the Offense it's probably Rice and the running game. IMO, the best QBs in the NFL carry their team on their back, rather than rely on their D and running game. You're just not there yet Mr Flacco.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
He beat the Pats in the Championship game. Huge, monumental late, game on the line drive and the kid drops a pass as good as you could draw it up. :shrug:

Best? That's Rogers. However, he's up there, for sure, with Tom and Phillip and Drew and Ben.

CrashTest

He beat the Pats in the Championship game. Huge, monumental late, game on the line drive and the kid drops a pass as good as you could draw it up. :shrug:

Best? That's Rogers. However, he's up there, for sure, with Tom and Phillip and Drew and Ben.

QB sucess has more to do with the team and the system. When Flynn played in Green Bay, he lit it up more than Rodgers did. When Cassel played an entire year with NE, they went 11-5 right after a 10-6 season with Brady.

thurley42

HY;FR
I am a Browns fan.....I hate the Ravens with all of my soul...

That being said, Flacco wasn't stating a fact, he was saying he believes he is the best. To play at that level you have to believe it to an extent. It's a dog eat dog position.....you have to believe in your heart that you are the best at what you do.

I did enjoy the ending of the AFC Championship game though...I was in Ontario Airport with my headphones in laughing hysterically...:killingme

Larry Gude

Strung Out
QB sucess has more to do with the team and the system. When Flynn played in Green Bay, he lit it up more than Rodgers did. When Cassel played an entire year with NE, they went 11-5 right after a 10-6 season with Brady.

I'll give you that, for sure. Which is why I think the RGIII thing is doomed.

However, guys gotta catch the ball. If Dwight Clark drops 'the catch' does Montana, and the 9ers, go on to dynasty?

b23hqb

PREMO Member
I am a Browns fan.....I hate the Ravens with all of my soul...

That being said, Flacco wasn't stating a fact, he was saying he believes he is the best. To play at that level you have to believe it to an extent. It's a dog eat dog position.....you have to believe in your heart that you are the best at what you do.

I did enjoy the ending of the AFC Championship game though...I was in Ontario Airport with my headphones in laughing hysterically...:killingme

Right on the nose. At the highest level, if one does not think he/she is the best at what they do when they do it, they certainly never will be.

Flacco is good. Very good. But can he get the Ravens over the hump, or the Ravens get him over the hump, or any combination of the two? Lots of other players and teams seem able to accomplish that.

frogman123

Ok- I hate how this quote is being taken out of context by everyone. In a job like that you have to think that you are the best. Are you really going to go into a game against Rodgers and say "oh well, I might lose because he is better than me." No! And if someone asks you if you think you are the best- are you going to say no? Of course you are going to say that you think you are the best.

DynaDink

How 'bout the one that has beaten all of the afore mentioned?

SoMD_Fun_Guy

Do you like apples?
He almost beat the Pats in the Championship game. Huge, monumental late, game on the line drive and the kid drops a pass as good as you could draw it up. :shrug:

Understood - if Evans doesn't drop the ball then Ravens win. But what did Flacco do on the next play (3rd and 1)? He rolls right and throws an incomplete pass. IMO Flacco could have easily ran for the first down then out of bounds to gave the Ravens more attempts for the TD and the win. Instead he made a bad pass and then it was 4th down and the Ravens were forced to attempt the "easy" Cundiff FG to tie and go into OT. Yeah, I know, there wasn't much time left but still if he had the composure to run to get the 1st and then out of bounds they had a least 1 or 2 more throws into the end zone before the FG attempt. Great QBs have to have good clock management and down management skills. After the drop/strip in the endzone, it looked to me that Flacco figured 1 more shot into the endzone and just settle for the FG if it doesn't work. I don't think he ever even thought of running 1 yard for the 1st down with 18 or so seconds left. That would have allowed a couple more pass attempts. JMO. :shrug: Guess I'm still miffed. :ohwell:

Larry, I'm surprised you didn't include Eli in that list (after the year he had). And what about Peyton?

Ok, I can understand your point of view on self positive thinking. However if you think you're the best you need to back it up with statistics and Flacco just can't do it. I think he's made great progress and he is one of the top QBs, but not the best.

I disagree that you have to believe you are the best to play in the NFL. I think you have to have a positive attitude, believe in your abilities, give it your best every play, and always look to improve. And you shouldn't care where you are in comparison to other players. Clearly there are QBs that are not the top in the league, are you saying that the only way they will play great is if they think they are the best? You think for Rex Grossman to play well, he has to think he's the best QB? :bs: On any given sunday (or mon/thur/sat) each player has to go show what they can do. It's a clean slate each game and "titles" mean nothing.

It's one thing for others to say you are the best (like a lot of people say about Rodgers) it's another thing to tell people you are the best. Self confidence is good, too much bragging and cockiness is not. Remember back in the beginning of last season when Eli was asked if he was as good as Brady? He said something like yeah I'm in that high class level of QB. It was his opinion stating he thought he was one of the better QBs in the league however he didn't go out saying he thought he was the best. IMO Flacco should have done something similar. Let your play do the talking and have others grant you the title of best. Self proclaimers rarely end up being who they say they are.