Joe Mauer...

Softballkid

No Longer the Kid
4th biggest contract in MLB ever... Funny thing is, all I kept hearing was if he tested the market, he could have gotten a 10yr 250 mil (he would be 38 in 10yrs) probably from the Red Sox, Yanks, possible Metz... :faint:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
4th biggest contract in MLB ever... Funny thing is, all I kept hearing was if he tested the market, he could have gotten a 10yr 250 mil (he would be 38 in 10yrs) probably from the Red Sox, Yanks, possible Metz... :faint:

OK but, at what point is it just silly money? You and me, sure, $185,000 a year vs. $250,000, $70,000 is a HUGE difference. But, $184 million vs. $250 million, another $70 mil? Yeah, it is HUGE dollars but, anh...home town kind of kid, home town team vs. living in NYC? He'd spend the $70 mil in taxes and cost of living. :shrug:

Otter

Nothing to see here
OK but, at what point is it just silly money? You and me, sure, $185,000 a year vs. $250,000, $70,000 is a HUGE difference. But, $184 million vs. $250 million, another $70 mil? Yeah, it is HUGE dollars but, anh...home town kind of kid, home town team vs. living in NYC? He'd spend the $70 mil in taxes and cost of living. :shrug:

Gee..that extra 5k a day would come in handy...$68,493 vice $63,014.

Softballkid

No Longer the Kid
That could be the difference in him having an HD and surround sound hook up in EVERY ROOM rather than just one :lol: