John Edwards at his wife's side ....

jenbengen

Watch it
I saw that. Poor soul. I think if I were her, I'd want him as far from me as possible.

I was thinking the same thing. But maybe, just maybe, he can learn some grace and humility through the selflessness she is showing right now. We can all hope, right? She is amazing.

chernmax

NOT Politically Correct!!
Another View Point!

First, let me say that I feel terrible that Elizabeth Edwards has been forced to fight cancer on more than one occasion. As a man that has a long history of cancer in my own family, I know the heartbreak and terror that goes through the mind of a person who gets a cancer diagnosis from their doctor. That said, as Elizabeth Edwards begins to promote her new book - which goes into great detail about her husband John Edwards affair, much of the respect I have held for Elizabeth Edwards has faded away. What angers me the most about Elizabeth Edwards is the fact that she knew that her husband John Edwards was having an affair all along and decided to become complicit in his lie because she wanted to become the next First Lady of the United States.

Like everyone else, when John Edwards first admitted that he had an extramarital affair - while at the same time campaigning for the office of President of the United States and also while his wife Elizabeth was undergoing cancer treatments - I was as angry with him as was anyone else when that news was finally confirmed. However, now Elizabeth Edwards admits in her new book that she knew all along that her husband was having an affair, but did not say anything to the public during his long campaign for the democratic nomination for President.

Thank God almighty that John Edwards did not become the President of the United States and also thank the good Lord that Elizabeth Edwards did not become the First Lady. Both John and Elizabeth Edwards lied to all of us about a flaw in his personal character and while I am still extremely angry with John Edwards for fooling around on his wife, I think now I am even more angry at Elizabeth Edwards for covering up her husbands infidelity from the American people when he was running for this nations highest office.

It's a tough thing to take when a political leader lies in order to win election to high office, but it is even tougher when their wife pretends to be a victim to the media and public - while all along helping her husband cover up an affair that would have destroyed his administration before it ever got started. To me, there is no difference in the moral character of John and Elizabeth Edwards. My only hope is that few people decide to make them even richer by buying her new book filled with lies and betrayals.

Elizabeth Edwards Book Tour, Fraud

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
Ol' Johnny haircut is counting the seconds until Elizabeth kicks off so he can then "find solace and comfort" with that chick and their child. Don't think for a second that he isn't going to milk this for all its worth.

Lenny

Lovin' being Texican
It's a tough thing to take when a political leader lies in order to win election to high office, but it is even tougher when their wife pretends to be a victim to the media and public - while all along helping her husband cover up an affair that would have destroyed his administration before it ever got started.

Ahem: Hillary Clinton.

RPMDAD

Just saw that on CNN's site wow that was really fast, didn't think it would be that quick. May she RIP, she has already been put through hel* here.

Heresathought1

I feel sad for her smaller children who are 11 and 13. Tough to lose your mother at such a young age. Regardless of how you feel about her politics and personal decisions, you have to admit she died with dignity and grace.