John McCain

PsyOps

Pixelated
Others might call it "honesty". Politicians don't get instant sainthood just because they die.

John McCain was a bad human being, on a number of different levels. How silly to whitewash him and revise history just because he's dead.

And PS, serving in the military doesn't get you instant sainthood, either.

Are we just recognizing his political life? Folks are choosing his death as an opportunity to bash him. He did far more than just serve in the military. Most join and never see the battlefield. We still honor those people for their willingness to join knowing they might give the greatest sacrifice - death. McCain didn't just serve, he was a POW in the most notorious prisons every devised. He endured terrible injuries, and on top of that torture. And he managed to come home mentally sane to further serve our country.

What specifically makes McCain a bad man?

PsyOps

Pixelated
All very nice.
Really kind of you to join Tranny and call your fellow Forumite's Dopeheads. At least you didn't say Ignorati.

I should just leave it at that.
We all know John McCain --------------He is dead Jim.
I let it go at that for now.

Nice of you to compare me to TJ when you know damn-well I'm nothing like that cowardly crybaby. I just take exception to bashing someone, who did their job the way they saw fit, serving their country in ways most don't, when they die. If McCain had died in that crash, this country would have honored him as a hero; yet he was still the same John McCain. Politics aside, McCain is all that I thing 'American' is all about. His internal fortitude is something we can all learn from.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
And he managed to come home mentally sane to further serve our country.

Did he? Did he come home mentally sane? Did he serve our country with his political antics?

I will submit to you he came home unhinged with untreated anger issues. And I will further suggest that he was self-serving in his political rapacity, and not serving of us or our country.

This has nothing to do with Trump. I have had a negative opinion of John McCain for at least 18 years, and have said repeatedly that he is solely responsible for making me realize that I no longer wanted to be affiliated with the GOP. He is the exact same John McCain he always had been, except now he's dead. I see no reason to revise my opinion of him just because he finally croaked.

PS, Bowe Berghdal was a POW, too. You gonna weep over him when he kicks? Chelsea Manning was a soldier - does s/he deserve your undying respect and appreciation for her service, and just forget about everything else?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Politics aside, McCain is all that I thing 'American' is all about.

Right. Communism aside, Fidel Castro was a great guy. Holocaust aside, what a guy that Hitler was, eh? Genocide aside, Pol Pot was totally awesome.

You can't say "politics aside" when it comes to John McCain. Politics is who he was and the only reason he is being touted on all the news channels. If he had come home from 'Nam and became an insurance salesman in Tucson, nobody would have ever heard his name.

PsyOps

Pixelated
PS, Bowe Berghdal was a POW, too. You gonna weep over him when he kicks? Chelsea Manning was a soldier - does s/he deserve your undying respect and appreciation for her service, and just forget about everything else?

Oh for crying out loud. You really want to mix McCain in with those traitors?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Oh for crying out loud. You really want to mix McCain in with those traitors?

The phrase rolling through my head right now is, "Other than that, Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play?"

You're the one trying to separate John McCain from who he was and the things he did so you can join in the #metoo mourning. And I get it - the TV people are trying to get me to not look at the mess and just look at the cute too. But I refuse.

It doesn't make me a bad person because I won't allow the media to manipulate me.

Hijinx

Nice of you to compare me to TJ when you know damn-well I'm nothing like that cowardly crybaby. I just take exception to bashing someone, who did their job the way they saw fit, serving their country in ways most don't, when they die. If McCain had died in that crash, this country would have honored him as a hero; yet he was still the same John McCain. Politics aside, McCain is all that I thing 'American' is all about. His internal fortitude is something we can all learn from.

Well psy I point out your post number 13 where you stated.

Then he endures 5 impossible years in conditions that would put you dope heads in mental derangement.
I am not the one who called my fellow forumites dopeheads.

The other thing is when you look on John McCain's life it is impossible to put politics aside.

He was certainly a politician much-much longer than he was a soldier.
Now I could go and start publishing all of the things he did to encourage me to dislike him, but why? It's all public knowledge.

If you like him that's fine. I didn't. Now that he is deceased if you want to shine that tennis shoe fine.
It's a tough job though.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
This sort of 'stomping on a man's grave' is really poor form. John McCain was John McCain; not GUPRS, Black Dog, Gilligan, or PsyOps... As much as I hated his politics, he did things that most of us would have been rendered into a mental institution. He may not have been the smartest to come out of the Naval Academy, but he did get in and graduate; which is more than can be said about all you pompous pinheads. Someone has to graduate at the bottom; but he did graduate. Going through a military academy requires discipline that doesn't exist in ordinary colleges.

Then he thrusts himself into combat. Anyone willing to fight in combat in any capacity, to be willing to give up their life in defense of this country is a hero in my opinion.

Then he endures 5 impossible years in conditions that would put you dope heads in mental derangement.

Then he comes back and decides that he wanted to serve his country further rather than crawl in a corner and become a homeless man like so many vets did because of PTSD.

You people are doing what you rail against Trans about - acting out on your hatred for someone. You're no different; only worse - unable to separate your politics from life in general and stomping on a man's grave.

I salute John McCain. He may not have been what I wanted in a politician, but he is about as American as they come, and some.

Okay, for real here - let us not forget that in the days when he went into the Naval Academy - he followed his father and his grandfather. Please tell me you really believe that he got into the Academy WITHOUT those connections. He admitted as much in his book Faith of my Fathers. He was a screw up in the Naval Academy, and he was a screw up in the Navy. He was someone who rocked every boat (hah) and he flagrantly flouted authority, tested every single limit he could and probably got away with more than the average sailor, officer or enlisted not withstanding.

Granted, he served many years in the military, and he was a POW - and there are obviously portions of that career which were admirable and worthy of respect. Then he went on to more public service as a Senator. I liked McCain and his "maverick" persona, and was often at odds with many of his political stances and I gave him the benefit of the doubt for too long. After watching how he treated Sarah Palin during the 2008 Presidential campaign, I lost respect for him. I was done with him politically.

He certainly will receive and does deserve, appropriate military honors due him for his military & government service. He was not a perfect man, nor a saint, but why you always scold others for stating those types of things is beyond me.

Bann

PREMO Member
Between the Democrats and the reporters, but then I repeat myself, if they'd have sucked his dick this much when he was alive it might've quelled his anger issues and that notorious temper!

I got a late start on the news today, but yeah - that's pretty much my thoughts today watching, too. (not those same words, but the sentiments are the same) :lol:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Let's not forget that he trotted that fake Russian dossier - that he KNEW was fake and ginned up by Hillary Clinton's people - over to the FBI and made a stink because he was pissed and jealous. They should take what this Mueller crap is costing the taxpayers out of his estate.

Good ol' John McCain. Such a patriot.

Bann

PREMO Member
Let's not forget that he trotted that fake Russian dossier - that he KNEW was fake and ginned up by Hillary Clinton's people - over to the FBI and made a stink because he was pissed and jealous. They should take what this Mueller crap is costing the taxpayers out of his estate.

Good ol' John McCain. Such a patriot.

I'm sure there is a lot more we don't even know about when it comes to the dirty deeds he had a part in. :yay:

black dog

Free America
This sort of 'stomping on a man's grave' is really poor form. John McCain was John McCain; not GUPRS, Black Dog, Gilligan, or PsyOps... As much as I hated his politics, he did things that most of us would have been rendered into a mental institution. He may not have been the smartest to come out of the Naval Academy, but he did get in and graduate; which is more than can be said about all you pompous pinheads. Someone has to graduate at the bottom; but he did graduate. Going through a military academy requires discipline that doesn't exist in ordinary colleges.

Then he thrusts himself into combat. Anyone willing to fight in combat in any capacity, to be willing to give up their life in defense of this country is a hero in my opinion.

Then he comes back and decides that he wanted to serve his country further rather than crawl in a corner and become a homeless man like so many vets did because of PTSD.

You people are doing what you rail against Trans about - acting out on your hatred for someone. You're no different; only worse - unable to separate your politics from life in general and stomping on a man's grave.

I salute John McCain. He may not have been what I wanted in a politician, but he is about as American as they come, and some.

Lets be honest here...
The ONLY reason John McCain got into or went anywhere in the Dept of The Navy was because of his Fathers and Grandfathers career. Generally speaking the bottom five Naval Academy Grads don't get into jet school without a family pedigree..... He road his family name like Seattle Slew.
I served my 6 years, That in its self more than what 7% or less of of America has done. I've earned the right to have my opinions and personally could care less what you think of them.
I write this as I'm sitting in a hotel room in Jacksonville,NC after spending the afternoon of on base liberty with my son before he graduates on wed morning from SOI east, and then on to 29 Palms.
My two grandfathers, Two Great Uncles, My Father, one Uncle, One sister, my only child and myself, two BIL that both went to the Navel Academy and graduated are serving or have served many years in our Armed Services. And not a senators or a Admiral's son amongst us..
So here it is, F U C K Y O U, I'm entitled to my opinions..

Last edited:

black dog

Free America
Did he? Did he come home mentally sane? Did he serve our country with his political antics?

I will submit to you he came home unhinged with untreated anger issues. And I will further suggest that he was self-serving in his political rapacity, and not serving of us or our country.

This has nothing to do with Trump. I have had a negative opinion of John McCain for at least 18 years, and have said repeatedly that he is solely responsible for making me realize that I no longer wanted to be affiliated with the GOP. He is the exact same John McCain he always had been, except now he's dead. I see no reason to revise my opinion of him just because he finally croaked.

Like John Wayne said in a movie, Everybody is talking nice about him since hes dead, How was he before he bucked out?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Like John Wayne said in a movie, Everybody is talking nice about him since hes dead, How was he before he bucked out?

On NBC tonight one of the TV people compared him to George Washington.

Barf.

They're going so overboard in their adulation that I can't stand to watch it anymore.

Hijinx

In his final act of graciousness he has told President Trump not to go to his funeral and asked Obama to give the eulogy.

What a great guy,what a man, to not hold any bitterness in his final days.

I will always remember how charitable he was not to hold a grudge, right up to his deathbed.
Such a magnanimous man.So free from petty resentfulness, so high minded, so noble,

Small bitter ,hateful,spiteful acts are so far below McCain.

Does this :sarcasm: need a tag?

Last edited:
Does this :sarcasm: need a tag?

Damn... beat me to the sarcasm....:lol:

index.jpg index1.jpg

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Petty and spiteful to the ####ing grave. If there were ever a smaller man, I have never seen him.

His final FU makes me support Trump all the more, and there are a #### ton of people on social media saying the same thing. Bret Baier got his ass handed to him hard with people responding to his ridiculous tweets.