John McCain

MiddleGround

That Forum Hall Monitor hath spoken. :yay:

Game on!

liquorshot.jpg

This_person

Name-calling is not in my character. I want to first apologize for that. Secondly, after reading over the comments and links about McCain, I have to step back and admit that he was not one of the greatest men. When I realized he voted down the healthcare bill the GOP attempted to pass, simply out of his personal grudge against Trump, I needed to reevaluate my opinion on him. I don't know is his latter-years behavior was due to his cancer affecting his thinking or if this is just real McCain.

Admittedly I came to dislike McCain - the politician. Like Vrai, I left the GOP, not because of him specifically, but because of people like him. The RINO movement! But, I allowed my dedication to things-military to skew my thinking. You folks are certainly entitled to your opinion on him (or anyone else for that matter), and I share many of those feelings; and I shouldn't have allowed that to place judgment on any of you.

Again, please accept my apology.

Nominated for post of the century. :notworthy Very few people can do this type of post, and it says a lot about your character to be able to do this!

MiddleGround

Name-calling is not in my character. I want to first apologize for that. Secondly, after reading over the comments and links about McCain, I have to step back and admit that he was not one of the greatest men. When I realized he voted down the healthcare bill the GOP attempted to pass, simply out of his personal grudge against Trump, I needed to reevaluate my opinion on him. I don't know is his latter-years behavior was due to his cancer affecting his thinking or if this is just real McCain.

Admittedly I came to dislike McCain - the politician. Like Vrai, I left the GOP, not because of him specifically, but because of people like him. The RINO movement! But, I allowed my dedication to things-military to skew my thinking. You folks are certainly entitled to your opinion on him (or anyone else for that matter), and I share many of those feelings; and I shouldn't have allowed that to place judgment on any of you.

Nominated for post of the century. :notworthy Very few people can do this type of post, and it says a lot about your character to be able to do this!

:yeahthat:

Rare indeed to see someone on here admit a wrong and move forward.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member

:high5: Thank you for that.

My life-long solemn respect for military (retirees or not) and their service to this country gives me quite a dilemma. While McCain was a screw up, he still did serve. However, after reading a lot of what was in the Rolling Stones piece, AND knowing a little bit about it before that - he didn't even serve admirably during most of that time, it would appear. Even though he was taken prisoner of war, he did put himself above country and was self-serving.

I'm actually glad he's going to be interred at the Naval Academy - I'll never have to think about him when I go to Arlington and visit the graves of those most revered, including my father. :yay:

Bann

PREMO Member
It's nothing we all get carried away at times. I know I do.

I know between McCain's funeral and the Catholics being crucified in the news for their miscreants I intend to make myself busy with other things.
I don't intend to spend a lot of time watching as they drag his body around the country to be ogled.

Or to watch Catholics as they claim to clean up their mess.
Something they should have done many years ago and didn't and will not do now.

Right?! They're dragging this out a whole week, as it is! :rolleyes:

I heard his spokesman reading that message he left and I had to turn the channel over to the Food Network. Yeesh, now we have to hear that over & over & over & over lecturing us from his grave, no less.

Bann

PREMO Member
Wow if even half of that article from Rolling Stone is fact Mc Cain was a vile little POS.

Right? It was seriously crappy enough that he not only cheated on her continuously, but then ditched his first wife in her condition like he did. ( It appears that he pissed off Nancy Reagan royally by doing so, also, which is something I don't think I ever knew before that Rolling Stone article. )

So, Cindy found him a great catch for some reason, but I wonder how she liked it when she was treated like crap? She was the one with all the money, not sure why that whole marriage stayed together. I guess his being a Senator helped her family empire out a lot. :yay:

black dog

Free America
:high5: Thank you for that.

My life-long solemn respect for military (retirees or not) and their service to this country gives me quite a dilemma. While McCain was a screw up, he still did serve. However, after reading a lot of what was in the Rolling Stones piece, AND knowing a little bit about it before that - he didn't even serve admirably during most of that time, it would appear. Even though he was taken prisoner of war, he did put himself above country and was self-serving.

I'm actually glad he's going to be interred at the Naval Academy - I'll never have to think about him when I go to Arlington and visit the graves of those most revered, including my father. :yay:

Yep,,,, Now when I swing by Annapolis to visit my mother I can hit downtown and instead of rubbing a pair of goat balls for good luck I can rub my own balls on a goat. Just Say'in

acommondisaster

It's nothing we all get carried away at times. I know I do.

I know between McCain's funeral and the Catholics being crucified in the news for their miscreants I intend to make myself busy with other things.
I don't intend to spend a lot of time watching as they drag his body around the country to be ogled.
Or to watch Catholics as they claim to clean up their mess.
Something they should have done many years ago and didn't and will not do now.

I've been a news junkie since before CNN was a household name - a lot of my job was anticipating reacting to what was on the news - but I've turned it off almost entirely now.It's the same every night - some new "scandal" involving Trump or the other side complaining about what the others are reporting. So now I'm a podcast junkie. Mostly non-political stuff. My favorite right now is Mike Rowe's "Thats the way I heard it".

black dog

Free America
Well you better alert the press because they've been blathering non-stop about how NOBODY was a better friend to veterans and military than Saint John.

The media's not so good at doing due diligence..
I've been hanging with brothers since sat morning at the local seafood restaurants and night establishments here in Jacksonville & Lejeune area and not alot of conversation about Mr McCain. More AMF, than happy talk.

littlelady

God bless the USA
I am glad to see the same opinion(s) about McCain that hub and I hold. You made your choices, Mr. McCain, and you lived, and died by them. RIP.

I think he knew he would be used by libprogs to push an agenda, and was ok with that. After all, he wasn’t a true Repub, or patriot. When are the ones trying to change America going to figure out that true Americans are not stupid?

One answer is, like so many politicians, he was in it for himself. Period.

Last edited: