John Wall

Anybody have any thoughts on him so far? Obviously, his stat line (albeit through only 3 games) is pretty impressive, but I've been impressed as well with what little I've seen of him on the court.

He may turn out to be as good as, if not better than, the last guy we took number 1 (yeah, Kwame).

BuddyLee

Football addict
Looks good so far but he can't lead a struggling team himself.

I wasn't for getting rid of Gilbert Arenas in the recent past but he doesn't have any passion for this team any longer. Cut your losses and get what you can.

Looks good so far but he can't lead a struggling team himself.

I wasn't for getting rid of Gilbert Arenas in the recent past but he doesn't have any passion for this team any longer. Cut your losses and get what you can.

I agree, they need to move Gilbert. I'd like to think they could get a pick for him, but I doubt they could. With his contract, they might not even be able to move him at all, unless they could find a team that needs one more offensive piece for a playoff run, and has a couple high priced, little-used, veterans on their roster that they could give us to match his salary. And then, that would only be good for us if their contracts were expiring so that we could get the cap space back.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Anybody have any thoughts on him so far? Obviously, his stat line (albeit through only 3 games) is pretty impressive, but I've been impressed as well with what little I've seen of him on the court.

He may turn out to be as good as, if not better than, the last guy we took number 1 (yeah, Kwame).

Yes. You don't use that pick on a 1 or 2 guard.

You just don't.

Yes. You don't use that pick on a 1 or 2 guard.

You just don't.

Who would you have taken? I originally had my doubts about the pick as well, but having seen a little of him in action, I'm cautiously optimistic that they made the right selection. Now they need a defensive rebounding monster that can outlet the ball to him at half court.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Who would you have taken? I originally had my doubts about the pick as well, but having seen a little of him in action, I'm cautiously optimistic that they made the right selection. Now they need a defensive rebounding monster that can outlet the ball to him at half court.

I'd have traded it for Durrant.

On the off hand chance OK wouldn't have gone for it, :lol: I don't know. I just don't know. I mean, they can be good a la Stockton and Nash and Iverson but, it's the 3 in the NBA for now that gets it done. Assuming that is the goal.

I'd have traded it for Durrant.

On the off hand chance OK wouldn't have gone for it, :lol: I don't know. I just don't know. I mean, they can be good a la Stockton and Nash and Iverson but, it's the 3 in the NBA for now that gets it done. Assuming that is the goal.

:lol: Yeah, on the off chance that the entire management team of the Thunder wasn't stoned when you called to offer the trade ...

I'd love for them to have taken a Durant type swing, but I don't know who that would have been in this draft. Considering what was available, my hunch is they made the right call. If they had just kept Kwame to play alongside him ...

Larry Gude

Strung Out
:lol: Yeah, on the off chance that the entire management team of the Thunder wasn't stoned when you called to offer the trade ...

I'd love for them to have taken a Durant type swing, but I don't know who that would have been in this draft. Considering what was available, my hunch is they made the right call. If they had just kept Kwame to play alongside him ...

If I am the Wiz, love that name btw, I guess you go with him as the best available and bank on him being exciting and putting butts in seats and being more competitive. On the other hand, going for Gil is what got them in this (latest) mess in the first place so, any building from 1 or 2 as a cornerstone is, to me, a mistake.

He had a triple double (pts,ass,reb) last night and, maybe more importantly, only 1 turnover. He almost had a trouble double last week with steals instead of rebounds. He may never have Bryant/James kinda impact, but I can see him having Paul/Williams kinda impact. He seems like a real 1 who can score the ball if needed to.