Johnny Carson Died

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
I spent so many nights watching him, he felt like part of my family. What a shame. You will be missed. :bawl:

I haven't checked the news, so anybody know what he died from?

jazz lady said:
I spent so many nights watching him, he felt like part of my family. What a shame. You will be missed. :bawl:

I haven't checked the news, so anybody know what he died from?
Article just said in his sleep, the family did not disclose from what. Also there will be no memorial service for him.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
This is truly sad. I bet some of his ex-wifes are crying their eyes out. I remember him griping about his alimony payments alot.

FromTexas

This Space for Rent
Karnak the Magnificent holds a card to his head and states "Funny man in a wood box"

The card reads, "Johnny Carson"

:sad:

Nanny Pam

:bawl:

I watched him almost everynight.
Very funny dude.

(Sometime around 1975) One night my ex & I were in bed watching him. Arnold Palmer's wife was on. Johnny asked her "what makes his golf game so good" She says...."before he goes out the door, I kiss his balls!! :shocking:
Johnny says ... "well, I bet that makes his putter stand up!!" :killingme
I'll never forget that as long as I live! TFF~!

She stomped off the stage immediately! I later read where she tried to sue him.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Man, I must be getting old. All the heroes of my youth are kicking over. :frown: Phoebe, Johnny Carson, Johnny Cash, Bob Hope...

Agee

SmallTown said:
:bawl: he was a great one
:yeahthat:

His longevity on late night TV is un-matched. The list of who's who that have graced his show is amazing! His show launched the careers of many comedians, Steven Wright, David Letterman, George Carlin, Richard Pryor, to name a few.

The shows with Buddy Hackett, Don Rickles, were classics.

I recall the day when "Here's Johnny" was late night TV!