Joint Health Supplements

UltimateWarrior

I just recently had reconstructive ankle surgery and I'm looking for some supplements that support Joint health. I'm currently in physical therapy and figured every little bit helps. Ive seen a few things out there... mostly glucosamine and chondroitin. I don't know much about them and was wondering if any one has any experience with these.

tazzman

I take glucosomine every day for my knee. For me, it makes a big difference. I know when I haven't taken it. I also use twist tubes of glucosomine that I mix with a bottle of water. The both help a great deal. Hope this helps.

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
I'm considering giving the Elations juice a shot for my knees, supposedly it absorbs quicker and relief starts sooner than tabs alone. One bottle once a day.:shrug:

UltimateWarrior

I'm considering giving the Elations juice a shot for my knees, supposedly it absorbs quicker and relief starts sooner than tabs alone. One bottle once a day.:shrug:

I haven't heard of this yet. How's the cost? I know for a bottle of glucosamine it isn't too bad.

tazzman

The only thing about glucosamine is to make sure you are not allergic to shellfish because it has oyster shell in it.

B

Big Fatty

I just recently had reconstructive ankle surgery and I'm looking for some supplements that support Joint health. I'm currently in physical therapy and figured every little bit helps. Ive seen a few things out there... mostly glucosamine and chondroitin. I don't know much about them and was wondering if any one has any experience with these.

Lots of good products out there. I recommend Gluc/Chon/MsM and a EFA complex.

BRand is up to you. I have always been partial to GNC's products but that is me. TriFlex is what I use currently. I also use Nordic Naturals Ultimate Omega.

warneckutz

Lots of good products out there. I recommend Gluc/Chon/MsM and a EFA complex.

BRand is up to you. I have always been partial to GNC's products but that is me. TriFlex is what I use currently. I also use Nordic Naturals Ultimate Omega.

:yeahthat:

I like Universal's ANIMAL FLEX - good stuff... some extra pills to handle, but good stuff.

onebdzee

off the shelf
:yeahthat:

I like Universal's ANIMAL FLEX - good stuff... some extra pills to handle, but good stuff.

Yea, I'm gonna have to go with them....been taking the stuff for about a year now(dr. recommended)....I can seriously tell when I haven't had it for a couple of days

twinoaks207

Having Fun!
The only thing about glucosamine is to make sure you are not allergic to shellfish because it has oyster shell in it.

As I am one of those poor unfortunates who's allergic to shellfish and so cannot use this, is anyone out there aware of anything else that would have a similar benefit? Last time I asked my doc she wasn't aware of anything but that was a while ago.