Jokes You've Played on your Friends.

I have one really gullible friend, easy to fool. A few years back, I got a new truck and was showing it off. I'd say, "Radio, volume up." The volume went up. "Radio, volume down." Volume goes down. "Radio, new station." The station changes. Told my friend to try. No matter how hard he tried, no matter what his inflection was, he could not get it to work. I let him think it was him for weeks, told him he had a speech impediment. In reality, my hands were on the wheel, and the audio controls were on the back side. Drove him nuts.

I used to do this to the same friend back in high school. Had a ratty ol' truck with "issues". I'd approach a corner, but rather than turn the wheel, I'd make it look like I was turning the wheel, sliding my hands around it, while getting a panic look on my face and saying, "OH NO!!! NOT AGAIN!!!" His face would go white staring out the windscreen as it headed for a tree, so he really didn't realize the wheel wasn't turning.

And I'm sure I'm not the only one who's done this... wait until your friend puts a drink to his face. Hit the gas. Instant drink shotgun. Occasionally, it would wind up all over the windscreen when he spit it all up....

And believe it or not, he's still my best bud.

So what pranks have you pulled on friends?

GregV814

Well, at a restaurant, my friend used the bathroom before we ordered food. The waitress, perky, maybe 17-18, asked what I wanted to drink etc... in his absence, I told the waitress that my bud was just back from a muffler shop and the noise in the garage gave him a temporary hearing loss. I told her he was very worried and she should look directly at him, speak slowly and loud.
It made for a funny mealtime .

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
I have one really gullible friend, easy to fool. A few years back, I got a new truck and was showing it off. I'd say, "Radio, volume up." The volume went up. "Radio, volume down." Volume goes down. "Radio, new station." The station changes. Told my friend to try. No matter how hard he tried, no matter what his inflection was, he could not get it to work. I let him think it was him for weeks, told him he had a speech impediment. In reality, my hands were on the wheel, and the audio controls were on the back side. Drove him nuts.

I used to do this to the same friend back in high school. Had a ratty ol' truck with "issues". I'd approach a corner, but rather than turn the wheel, I'd make it look like I was turning the wheel, sliding my hands around it, while getting a panic look on my face and saying, "OH NO!!! NOT AGAIN!!!" His face would go white staring out the windscreen as it headed for a tree, so he really didn't realize the wheel wasn't turning.

And I'm sure I'm not the only one who's done this... wait until your friend puts a drink to his face. Hit the gas. Instant drink shotgun. Occasionally, it would wind up all over the windscreen when he spit it all up....

And believe it or not, he's still my best bud.

So what pranks have you pulled on friends?
Cool story, Bro.

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
Saw this video. Newbie is bungee jumping off a bridge. His buddies are hooking him up. He's a bit apprehensive. As he leans forward slowly, he passes the point of no return. All of his buddies start yelling STOP, WAIT, NO. Gravity takes over. The jump is fine. His friends are laughing their asses off.

Barabbas

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Saw this video. Newbie is bungee jumping off a bridge. His buddies are hooking him up. He's a bit apprehensive. As he leans forward slowly, he passes the point of no return. All of his buddies start yelling STOP, WAIT, NO. Gravity takes over. The jump is fine. His friends are laughing their asses off.
I'm sure the jumper...

One year we, all employees in the company, decided to play an April Fools Day joke on our PAXR Project Manager. We all parked in the back of the building or at other buildings in the complex. We left the lights in the lobby off and locked the door. On the door we hung an official looking letter form a fake lawyers office (the name of the lawyer as well as the address of the office were obvious joke names) stating the building was shut down due to bankruptcy.

We all waited just beyond the lobby for him to punch in his key code to come in and we were going you jump our and say APRIL FOOLS and then laugh about it together.... well, he took one glance at the letter than hightailed it back to his car and zoomed out of the parking lot before we could catch him.

We sent someone to chase him down. His vehicle was found at the nearest local Lex Pk hotel, The Belvedre. Turns out he took it so serious he immediately got himself a room so he could start making phone calls to find out what was going on. Fortunately, someone thought to call the uptown corporate office to sheepishly explain what happened. His first call was to corporate so they were the ones who explained to him it was all an April Fools Day joke.

Believe it or not... no one got fired!

Auntie Biache'

I've never been a practical jokester, but my daughter...

She got during the night (or stayed up late, most likely), and tied the spray nozzle in the on position at the kitchen sink, facing out.

Got me good.

I thought it was clever. She was pretty young at the time.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I've never been a practical jokester, but my daughter...

She got during the night (or stayed up late, most likely), and tied the spray nozzle in the on position at the kitchen sink, facing out.

Got me good.

I thought it was clever. She was pretty young at the time.
I will never sneak up on you in public again. :lol:

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
The office at my last company was full of practical jokers. We were ruthless on pranking each other.

Some were "small stuff", like chaining and locking a bowling ball to a field tech's tool case the night before he's due to leave on on a trip overseas. Or placing generous dabs of dielectric grease anywhere throughout someone's office where they might place fingers: door knob, light switch, desk drawer pulls, rim of trash can, favorite pen, underside of phone receiver.....

Others were more epic and involved more planning and coordination. One of our field engineers was getting a little puffed up about his reputation as a tech god at a Tasmanian shipyard he'd been returning to regularly. So we and they cooked this up: A guy in full tux was standing outside the terminal with a placard bearing our tech's name. Now REALLY impressed with himself, he waits until the "limo" arrives curbside. The "Limo" was a thoroughly beat to death station wagon that the yard moved large buckets of paint around the shipyard with. Only one seat..for the driver. Covered in and out with many layers and colors of paint spatter.Filled with empy and half-empty paint buckets, paint brushes, used rags...

To add injury to insult, they took him the long way home to the shipyard..right through town...horn blaring...as he sat, embarrassed, on the empty paint can that was his seat.

And they recorded the event...so the rest of us could enjoy it.

Last edited:

Grumpy

Saw the jump guide do the same thing to my son (12 at the time) down by Disney World, was hilarious and forced us to buy the video tape of it.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Same guy that was the beneficiary of the "Great Limousine Caper" ended up with some kind of small pet bird pair..some kind of parakeet I think it was. So they dutifully had little parakeets and our guy decides to make a few bucks selling the little fellers, each in a cute little cage. This is before Internet so he advertises in Enterprise and Tester and lists our office phone so he can garner daytime sales.

Our receptionist takes a few of the calls as they start coming in and starts to get aggravated.....not exactly her job, right? Us to the rescue! One of our engineer's wife worked for some county govt office and she had the "authoritarian bureaucrat" persona down pat. And she was game.

So she calls and "identifies" herself as being a field agent for some USGOV office that counters illegal animal trafficking, and asks the receptionist to confirm that "this is the place" where the exotic birds were being advertised for sale. "Yep...would you like to talk to him? Over the PA: "[our guy], someone from the government on Line 3 for you!"

The government "agent" rips him a new one. Informs him of all the Federal laws he has broken..the potential fines and jail time involved if convicted..informs him that he has to account for every single bird he's sold and regain possession of each so that they can be confiscated by one of their field agents when they show up to take our guy in to custody.,..and on..and on.

We all know this call was coming so we're try to be within earshot but discreetly so. Our guy turns white..then red.....he stammers out the words "But But..they are not THAT exotic!!!".and proceeds to just generally melt down in his chair. Finished with her work, Miss Government Agent hangs up. Our guy is PISSED. He slams the phone down...cussing and muttering to himself about how "this is bullshit...they can't do this...OMG what the hell.??"

About that time, some of us are dying and the laughter finally cuts through our guy's angry haze. He looks around..half the company is within earshot and peeking out from behind doors, walls, partitions and filing cabinets...and everyone has tears running down their faces from laughing so hard.

Our guy never sold another bird though.

He did try to pay me back. That's another story.

StadEMS3

PREMO Member
Loved pranking the newbies in the military. Even better when you could pull it off on the more seasoned members.
We had a new kid (SSgt) on AF1 and we needed to do radar checks so we had this poor kid running around in the pouring rain and wind out in front of the jet holding up a 4'x6' drip pan trying to give us radar returns. He even questioned the validity of it, but we said that AF1 has special systems and it was a legit test. So he continued to run all over the ramp being pushed around by the wind and rain! Finally he heard us laughing our A$$es off in the flight deck and we welcomed him to AF1. I'll admit as a young Airman I fell for going to bench stock to get prop wash and flight line! Good times!