Jordan Spieth

PsyOps

Pixelated
Tell me about it. The way he stroked that par putt on 18, it was like he didn't even care. He'll never make it far with that lackadaisical attitude.

Perhaps he felt like the Redskins, knowing they are going to win with a 30 point lead (like that'll ever happen). No need to pile on. I don't know. The guy played one of the most focused matches I've ever seen. Broke all sorts of records. Only 21. I haven't felt this excited about a player since Jack or Phil. He has a calm, focused, yet intense demeanor. He is still only 21 and needs some maturing; so I will give him the 'lackadaisical' attitude in the end. I can't claim to know what it feels like to play with such intensity to have that released in the end with the reality of winning one of the most important tournaments on the PGA.

I will reserve a dose of reality that it's golf and when a guy is up, he can easily fall. Don't have to go any farther than Tiger.

MADPEBS1

Man, I'm still here !!!
extremely happy for him, was fun to watch, everyone at top was doing some crazy shot making!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Broke all sorts of records. .

Matched 72 low. He has so far to go to be anywhere near Tiger in his prime it's not worth mentioning for quite a few majors. That said, he seems to one of the NEXT gen top guys for sure.

One of the shames of the Tiger era is he had no peer, no legendary battles with the same guy or couple of guys as there was in the Nicklaus era, still the greatest ever and still the greatest era for competitive golf at the majors. So, hopefully, this kid, Rory, maybe a couple others, we get to enjoy some great Sunday afternoons.

:buddies:

PsyOps

Pixelated
Matched 72 low. He has so far to go to be anywhere near Tiger in his prime it's not worth mentioning for quite a few majors. That said, he seems to one of the NEXT gen top guys for sure.

One of the shames of the Tiger era is he had no peer, no legendary battles with the same guy or couple of guys as there was in the Nicklaus era, still the greatest ever and still the greatest era for competitive golf at the majors. So, hopefully, this kid, Rory, maybe a couple others, we get to enjoy some great Sunday afternoons.

:buddies:

Tiger’s been there for 19 years now. FWIW, Tiger should be in his prime right now. But now he is damaged goods; way too soon. I mean look at Mickelson with his psoriatic arthritis, and he is on top in nearly every match. Spieth just started his third year. The difference between Spieth and Woods is there was no major media hype over Spieth. He quietly came in and just played. No distractions; just golf. And I think this was a major problem Tiger had to deal with… I don’t think he was fully prepared on how to handle the hype surrounding him. I think it was a major distraction having to live up to unrealistic expectations. He dealt with it very poorly.

Now I know I’ve railed against Tiger. I think he became his own worst enemy. He couldn’t keep his temper. With all the talk about his so-called discipline, I personally think he was an embarrassment on the course. Everyone knew he would injure himself with that massive swing. He has done well, but did not meet the expectations folks had dreamed up for him. But I really hoped for him to become the greatest. I’m afraid it’s not going to happen. But I kind of saw a different Tiger this past weekend. He seemed calmer, more contained emotionally. Now I’m hopeful he can get on a good track and play some great golf and leave all the nonsense off the course.

Spieth
McIlroy
Mickelson
Day
Bubba
Tiger
Matsuyama

I actually see a pretty large competitive field.

Perhaps he felt like the Redskins, knowing they are going to win with a 30 point lead (like that'll ever happen). No need to pile on. I don't know. The guy played one of the most focused matches I've ever seen. Broke all sorts of records. Only 21. I haven't felt this excited about a player since Jack or Phil. He has a calm, focused, yet intense demeanor. He is still only 21 and needs some maturing; so I will give him the 'lackadaisical' attitude in the end. I can't claim to know what it feels like to play with such intensity to have that released in the end with the reality of winning one of the most important tournaments on the PGA.

I will reserve a dose of reality that it's golf and when a guy is up, he can easily fall. Don't have to go any farther than Tiger.

You know I was being sarcastic, I trust?

b23hqb

PREMO Member
Did you watch him today? The kid has got it going.

Didn't get to see the finish here. The local cbs cut away at 1800 for local and national news, and I could not find the tourney on any other channel. He is phenomenal.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Didn't get to see the finish here. The local cbs cut away at 1800 for local and national news, and I could not find the tourney on any other channel. He is phenomenal.
He sure is. Luckily I have the golf channel. :yay:

b23hqb

PREMO Member
He sure is. Luckily I have the golf channel. :yay:

I have the golf channel. It wasn't on - they had some other tourney on, the lower tour. I couldn't find it anywhere, and hope that Speith keeps it up today. He has serious completion week in and week out, something Eldrick did not have for his first decade of dominance.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
I have the golf channel. It wasn't on - they had some other tourney on, the lower tour. I couldn't find it anywhere, and hope that Speith keeps it up today. He has serious completion week in and week out, something Eldrick did not have for his first decade of dominance.

Don't know what to say about that, but it was on my version of the GC (DirecTV, channel 218) and it was sometime at or around 7:30 when they got the round complete.

b23hqb

PREMO Member
I have Verizon, and cbs stuck with it today to the end. Speith is some kind of cool in the clutch.

MADPEBS1

Man, I'm still here !!!
as soon as I saw turf FLY, i knew that was in the drink too, Going to be another Greg Norman Masters highlight reel moment.

PsyOps

Pixelated
And today, WOW!!!!! The other side of the coin.

For sure. Led the entire way until the 66th. But he composed himself and almost came back. This had Phil written all over it; except Phil would have just continued to puke on himself all the way to the clubhouse. Spieth handled it with class...... maturity; unlike some other players we've seen in the recent past. He's only 22 and a long way to go, and accomplished so much already. I have no doubt this will have no effect on him at all.