Josh Earnest: Let's stop using the word “radical Islam”

BOP

What's the over/under on the regime declaring phrases like "radical Islam" to be racist?

Actually, I'm surprised they're allowing the word "terrorist" to be used in the same sentence as, or anywhere near the word "Islam."

http://hotair.com/archives/2015/01/...p-using-radical-islam-to-describe-terrorists/

White House press secretary Josh Earnest said the administration doesn’t want to legitimize those terrorists or the “warped” view of Islam they hold. Also, Mr. Earnest said, the phrase “radical Islam” simply is not an accurate way to describe the enemies of the U.S., France and other nations across the globe.

“I certainly wouldn’t want to be in a position where I’m repeating the justification they have cited that I think is illegitimate. They had invoked Islam to justify their attacks,” he told reporters. “I think what I’m trying to do is to describe to you what happened and what they did. These individuals are terrorists. … We have chosen not to use that label [of radical Islam] because it doesn’t seem to accurately describe what happened.”

So let me see if I have this straight: Islamic terrorists who commit atrocities in the name of their god and their prophet are doing it wrong and should choose their verbiage a little more judiciously?

What's the over/under on the regime declaring phrases like "radical Islam" to be racist?

Actually, I'm surprised they're allowing the word "terrorist" to be used in the same sentence as, or anywhere near the word "Islam."

http://hotair.com/archives/2015/01/...p-using-radical-islam-to-describe-terrorists/

White House press secretary Josh Earnest said the administration doesn’t want to legitimize those terrorists or the “warped” view of Islam they hold. Also, Mr. Earnest said, the phrase “radical Islam” simply is not an accurate way to describe the enemies of the U.S., France and other nations across the globe.

“I certainly wouldn’t want to be in a position where I’m repeating the justification they have cited that I think is illegitimate. They had invoked Islam to justify their attacks,” he told reporters. “I think what I’m trying to do is to describe to you what happened and what they did. These individuals are terrorists. … We have chosen not to use that label [of radical Islam] because it doesn’t seem to accurately describe what happened.”

So let me see if I have this straight: Islamic terrorists who commit atrocities in the name of their god and their prophet are doing it wrong and should choose their verbiage a little more judiciously?

...and if the WH used "radical islam" as a descriptor, the right would criticize that.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
...and if the WH used "radical islam" as a descriptor, the right would criticize that.

We don't know that. So let them actually have the stones to do it and then let's see what happens.

That said..I prefer the more accurate descriptor "Fundamentalist Islam".

We don't know that. So let them actually have the stones to do it and then let's see what happens.

That said..I prefer the more accurate descriptor "Fundamentalist Islam".

The KKK considers itself a christian organization even though most christians likely disagree with their interpretation of the bible and their agenda. Should we start referring to the KKK as part of radical christianity, or a terrorist hate group?

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
The KKK considers itself a christian organization even though most christians likely disagree with their interpretation of the bible and their agenda. Should we start referring to the KKK as part of radical christianity, or a terrorist hate group?

"Irrelevant and virtually non-existent" works too. Your attempt at moral equivalence failed.

"Irrelevant and virtually non-existent" works too. Your attempt at moral equivalence failed.

My point is that we should not allow terrorist hate groups like al qaida, ISIL, the christian identity movement, and the KKK to hijack major religions with their twisted justificatons for violence.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
My point is that we should not allow terrorist hate groups like al qaida, ISIL, the christian identity movement, and the KKK to hijack major religions with their twisted justificatons for violence.

My point is that millions of Muslims who consider their adherence to their religion, violence against women, apostates and infidels included, to be fundamental are quite obviously... fundamentalists, and not some kind of lunatic fringe like all the apologists want to try and portray them as. "Hate groups"...LMAO...

How about you post a link to the number of people killed or maimed in the name of any other religion but Islam in the last year.

BOP

I think we ought to name them for what they are: democrats.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Pretty certain the klan was formed by and perpetuated by..Democrats.

But that's history.

Mostly true but during it's hey day in the 1920's, Indiana, for reasons I simply can't figure, became a very big klan state and, IIRC, national leadership was from there and very much GOP.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Mostly true but during it's hey day in the 1920's, Indiana, for reasons I simply can't figure, became a very big klan state and, IIRC, national leadership was from there and very much GOP.

True. Very strange....a testament to the state leadership at the time, perhaps. Look at the history and trajectory of a long list of "secret" or closed organizations (some of them very beneficial) over the last 200 years and you'll see similar ebbs and flows. Most have "ebbed" now though...like the KKK has.

But we digress. A few nutjobs comprising the Westboro Baptist congregation or a handful of white supremacists do not equate in any way shape or form to Islamic Fundamentalists. None of the aforementioned have anywhere near the territory, guns and money either. :whistle:

Last edited:
My point is that millions of Muslims who consider their adherence to their religion, violence against women, apostates and infidels included, to be fundamental are quite obviously... fundamentalists, and not some kind of lunatic fringe like all the apologists want to try and portray them as. "Hate groups"...LMAO...

How about you post a link to the number of people killed or maimed in the name of any other religion but Islam in the last year.

Just google christian terrorism.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
True. Very strange....a testament to the state leadership at the time, perhaps. Look at the history and trajectory of a long list of "secret" or closed organizations (some of them very beneficial) over the last 200 years and you'll see similar ebbs and flows. Most have "ebbed" now though...like the KKK has.

But we digress. A few nutjobs comprising the Westboro Baptist congregation or a handful of white supremacists do not equate in any way shape or form to Islamic Fundamentalists. None of the aforementioned have anywhere near the territory, guns and money either. :whistle:

This is part of the reason why fundamentalist Obamites do not like using the word 'Muslim' when associating to the violence; it is progressive dogma that the only people who are mean and mean in context of their faith are white people who worship Christ. What is NOT being discussed on all of this is just how deeply felt and believed it is on the left that white people are VERY much THE problem in the world. So, if some people do violence and happen to be Muslim, that's different because they're not white, thus, their religion can NOT have anything to do with it. Which is why I am on a crusade to make a really big deal out of the word 'fundamentalist' because what these folks are doing, have done, is absolutely and literally, fundamentally, in keeping with their faith. Infidel armies on their lands REQUIRES opposition. Images of the prophet are not allowed. It simply follows that cartoons and satire count. The role of women, punishment, individual rights. A huge part of the violence they are doing is directed at other Muslims; ones who are not following the rules closely enough.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Ace gets it ....as usual...

All of this of course encourages terrorism and ever-more extreme brands of Islam, because the institutions of the West -- our political, academic, and media institutions -- are all essentially proclaiming that Islam, particularly violent, medieval Islam, is the only real and True religion in the world:

For what other religions do they bow and scrape to as if they were Slaves?

Only one.

http://ace.mu.nu/archives/354347.php