Journey's YouTube Lead Singer

Misfit

Lawful neutral
Journey's YouTube Lead Singer - TIME

How Journey found Pineda is a Cinderella tale of the Internet era. After the band dismissed Soto last June for unspecified reasons, guitarist Neal Schon turned to the Web in search of talent. After two days of surfing on YouTube, he came upon clips of Pineda singing with his band, The Zoo, and nailing all the right notes in the toughest Survivor, Queen and Journey power ballads. "I heard his voice and my eyes got big," says Schon, who has been with Journey since its inception in 1975. "I thought, he can't be that good." Schon left his house, took a spin on his motorcycle to clear his head, and then contacted Pineda. At first, the singer thought the email was a hoax. "I didn't think the real Neal Schon would call a guy like me," says Pineda. "I'm just a guy from the Philippines." Four months later, Pineda signed on as Journey's new lead singer. "I've been waiting for this moment to come for 25 years," he says. "It's like shooting to the moon."

PJumper

Journey's YouTube Lead Singer - TIME

How Journey found Pineda is a Cinderella tale of the Internet era. After the band dismissed Soto last June for unspecified reasons, guitarist Neal Schon turned to the Web in search of talent. After two days of surfing on YouTube, he came upon clips of Pineda singing with his band, The Zoo, and nailing all the right notes in the toughest Survivor, Queen and Journey power ballads. "I heard his voice and my eyes got big," says Schon, who has been with Journey since its inception in 1975. "I thought, he can't be that good." Schon left his house, took a spin on his motorcycle to clear his head, and then contacted Pineda. At first, the singer thought the email was a hoax. "I didn't think the real Neal Schon would call a guy like me," says Pineda. "I'm just a guy from the Philippines." Four months later, Pineda signed on as Journey's new lead singer. "I've been waiting for this moment to come for 25 years," he says. "It's like shooting to the moon."

They had just released a documentary Showbiznest: Arnel Pineda "Don't Stop Believin': Everyman's Journey" Documentary Movie Trailer

StadEMS3

PREMO Member
This is sorta happened with Boston after Brad Delp committed suicide. Tommy DeCarlo's video on MySpace was sent to them. From working at Home Depot to lead singer of Boston! Good stories!

Larry Gude

Strung Out
This is the equivalent of cancer just about becoming extinct, dying out, and some yo-yo finds a recipe on youtube to keep it going, give it new life.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Not a Journey fan I take it?

Every time I catch myself singing along or toe tapping to them, I feel ill. Which is to say that if ever did in the first place, I would.

Journey, Styx, there's just a few bands out there that just really make me heave especially when contemporaries like Boston and Queen and Kansas, none of which I am much of a fan of, are soooo much better.

:buddies: