Jousting in Calvert

Eventer29

The calvert jousting tournament is comming up Aug 30th. Its always the last Saturday in Aug. We will be going to practice probably once a week till then at Christ Church in Broomes Island. Not sure dates and times yet. I do know we will be going Thursday evening. Probably like 5ish. If anyone would like to join us let me know. Any one any age can compete. All it takes is a relatively steady horse (ie can trot/canter in a straight line through 3 arches while you hold a lance.) There is even a leadline division. We would be happy to get anyone started.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
I don't know of any Jousters on this forum..

A few swordfighters though.

Check with Mojo, he may want change up and joust instead.

ElliesMom

sounds awesome!! I think it would be fun w/ my mare but I live so darn far away.

Please Definately let me know the day time and price of admission(?) to watch though. Thank you.

Lugnut

I'm Rick James #####!
I don't know of any Jousters on this forum..

A few swordfighters though.

Check with Mojo, he may want change up and joust instead.

Nah, he's not equipped for the BIG games...

Is this REAL jousting? Armor? Knocking people off of horses, etc??

Last edited:

TCF42

yeeeeeee!
Jousting!! I've got my new lance set and my pony ready to go. :yahoo:

Attachments

• n1227240079_30004769_4166.jpg
    n1227240079_30004769_4166.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 102
  • n1227240079_30004771_4691.jpg
    n1227240079_30004771_4691.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 95

MissKitty

Jousting!! I've got my new lance set and my pony ready to go. :yahoo:

So, you have to lance a ring hanging from a string and don't get to knock each other off of horses? Where's the fun in that? :mad:

Mojo, don't worry about warming up for this event, I'm out.

Eventer29

Nah, he's not equipped for the BIG games...

Is this REAL jousting? Armor? Knocking people off of horses, etc??

Yes it is real jousting.....Ring jousting, lol not the one everyone thinks of where they knock each other off the horses

Eventer29

TCF you going to practice with us thursday? Think we're gonna leave here about 4..get there 4:30.....5ish

Last edited:

Eventer29

practice

Its that time of year again. The jousting tournament at christ Church in Calvert is held on the last Saturday in August. We will be practicing once or twice a week till then. Our next practice will likely be this friday around 4:30pm. Hope to see some of you there. Please if you decide to come bring a ground person that can hang rings!