Joy Bay HARR

GregV814

sooooooo, I see the Goddess of THE VIEW is facing her own problems with a halloween disguise...she wore black face....She shrugged it off saying it was her own hair...... How about them apples....

Hijinx

It will not affect her one bit. She has lefty immunity.Tomorrow it will be over and forgotten

SamSpade

I seriously don't get this - I have never, nor do I even KNOW anyone who has ever done this.
I never told racist jokes - although I admit to telling Polish jokes (and Irish jokes - because I'm Irish).
I probably have told Jewish jokes as a kid, but I learned almost all of them from Jews, growing up
with Jewish friends.

But it's beginning to look like everyone in Hollywood has done this, or wore a hood to a Halloween
party (again - never been to a party where someone did that or thought it was funny).

The closest thing I can think of is when I was a teenager, my date went as a dominatrix and I went
as her slave, and I wore a tunic and a collar.

What kind of people ARE these guys, anyway?

Hijinx

Do women get mad when men dress as women at Halloween?
Do Firefighters get mad when kids dress as Firefighters? Or cops?
Do Princess's get mad when little girls dress as a princess?
Do cowboys get mad when a kid dresses as a cowboy?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
The closest thing I can think of is when I was a teenager, my date went as a dominatrix and I went
as her slave, and I wore a tunic and a collar.

Kinky.

I think we're getting carried away with this. Dressing up as a specific black celebrity is a lot different than dressing in true black face. True black face isn't really impersonating a black person, it's done to mock and make fun of how dumb and childlike they are. You paint your face in a stereotypical caricature, wear raggedy clothes, and act like a simpleton. THAT is "black face". Dressing up as Diana Ross or Michael Jackson is NOT black face.

Like anything else, once the dumb kids get their hands on something, they twist it to become something else so that they can be offended by it and bitch.

stgislander

PREMO Member
I think we're getting carried away with this. Dressing up as a specific black celebrity is a lot different than dressing in true black face. True black face isn't really impersonating a black person, it's done to mock and make fun of how dumb and childlike they are. You paint your face in a stereotypical caricature, wear raggedy clothes, and act like a simpleton. THAT is "black face". Dressing up as Diana Ross or Michael Jackson is NOT black face.

Excuse me if I wait for our resident experts to chime in on this.