Joy Reid - Hot Takes and Challenges

SamSpade

So all you need is the right LABEL - like the way we name bills in the Senate and House?

Gotcha.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
What's his face on here said that - "AntiFa LITERALLY MEANS anti-fascist! DUH!"

:roflmao:

They are SO cute! :cheekpinch:

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Joy Reid’s ‘sister’ wants to cancel National Review's Lowry

From Friday’s show:

Melissa Murray: So I appreciate the opportunity to say forthrightly that that take is absolutely absurd and really has no business being broadcast on mainstream television. This was a procedural ruling. That is absolutely correct. But procedural rulings have substantive implications, as Eli [Mystal] said. This particular procedural ruling effectively guts away with two, three decades' worth of Supreme Court precedent. Roe is effectively dead in Texas. Casey is effectively dead in Texas because of these rulings. And it is, as you say, working on the shadow docket, the court can do things that it would not be able to do on the merits docket where there’s more attention.

Brent Baker, vice president of research and publications for the Media Research Center, explains our weekly pick: “I wouldn’t want to be in one of Murray’s law classes, afraid that if I expressed a perfectly well-grounded opinion with which she disagreed she’d shame me into silence, banning me from speaking again in class. So much for liberals encouraging an open discussion of public policy issues.”

glhs837

Power with Control
"Not allowed to be broadcast"?

Man, these people think they can wave their magic wand of opinion and decide who gets to speak........

Last edited:

SamSpade

"Not allowed to be broadcast"?

Man, these people think they can wave their magic wand of opinion and decide who gets to speak........

Years ago, in "Earth in the Balance", Al Gore made a point connected to this idea, and at least at the time - I agreed with it.

His idea was that, just because there are two opposing views on a matter does not mean, they have equal standing.
As an example, he gave the idea of a news broadcast with a panel of two opposing views - one, that the Earth is flat, and the other, that it is round.

The presumption is, on subjects we don't know about, is that there is an even divide between two opposing views - that both carry equal value and have rational support. But in the example - that's obviously not the case. One is a widely proven and known quantity understood by all humankind - and the other is a crazy idea held only by loons. That being the case, you don't need to have a live and let live attitude about it, because one is right, and the other is extremely wrong, and so wrong you wonder why anyone gives them an audience.

UNFORTUNATELY - as good as this argument is - it fails in the mouth of someone who believes that ALL of their opinions are the unassailable, infallible truth. As one woman I know said, when I asked if if she ever thought she was possibly wrong, her answer - in all earnestness - was "why would I believe something that was wrong?".

My observations however are that - this is common. This is why lefties do not perceive a SPECTRUM of political thought - they think that their views are mainstream - hence, what everyone thinks (as though it works that way) and right-wing is anything else (clearly not grasping why it is called "right" or "left"). This also explains why they so often label ANYTHING extreme as "right-wing" even when it falls clearly into left-wing territory.

Reactions: BOP

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
MSNBC’s Reid to Jim Jordan: ‘I Doubt God Blesses Anything That You Stand For’

Reid added, “Those scenes were celebrated on Twitter by Republican Congressman Jim Jordan who declared that, quote, ‘Real America is done with COVID. God bless!’ First of all, I doubt God bless is anything that you stand for, assistant coach Jim. COVID, it’s far from done. In fact, officials with the World Health Organization delivered the unwelcome news today that because of the virus continues to mutate among the unvaccinated, it’s likely here to stay.”

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
‘Missing White Girl Syndrome’: Joy Reid accidentally calls out MSNBC for its Gabby Petito coverage

Screenshot-2021-09-21-5.46.56-AM.jpg

Hijinx

It gets pretty crazy when a black reporter is jealous of a news story involving a white woman who was found murdered.
Does she forget the news of a dead black fentanyl ass whole who a policeman went to jail for kneeling on?

An overblown story that even got the black man a statue and a square named after him.
These people are sick.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Joy Reid Goes Off On ‘Missing White Woman Syndrome.’ Candace Owens Has A Question.

As highlighted by The Daily Wire, Reid made her jarring comments about “missing white woman syndrome” on Monday:
“If you’ve been watching the news for the past few days or on Twitter or Tik Tok, you’re probably familiar with the name Gabby Petito,” she began. “The 22-year-old aspiring social media influencer who was reported missing after her fiancé returned from their van life excursion without her.”
“Now, it goes without saying that no family should ever have to endure that kind of pain, and the Petito family certainly deserve answers and justice. But the way this story has captivated the nation has many wondering, why not the same media attention when people of color go missing?” Reid asked. “Well, the answer actually has a name, ‘missing white woman syndrome,’ the term coined by the late and great Gwen Ifill, to describe the media and public fascination with missing white women like Laci Peterson or Natalee Holloway, while ignoring cases involving missing people of color.”

herb749

To be blunt, it just shows the intelligence of white vs black. When a white person wants to kill someone they come up with a plan to do so. When a black person wants to kill someone they just shoot them and leave them on the sidewalk.