Juan Williams Pawned.

ImnoMensa

I'd like to see Juan's response to that. Otherwise that video is fairly worthless.

You are right of course--as always.

I simply thought some might enjoy watching Juan squirm, guess that was wrong of me.

Sorry about filling your bandwidth with a worthless post, I realise that has never been done before.

philibusters

Couple Points:

I think Juan Williams deserves some leeway. Context is important. Ultimately the context between now and 2006 is not that big, both involve increasing the debt limit and whether Cantor said or when Obama said that in 2006, both statements were kind of meaningless political rhetoric.

But Juan Williams is on the spot, he was talking about the statement in terms of the current negotiations and the 3 to 1 spend cuts to tax increases ratio.

So everything Juan Williams said about the statement being political fluff is just as true for Obama as it would have been for Cantor, but some of his comments about the negotiations would not apply to 2006.

Second point. Its definitely pwning, but most pronounce it pawning and it will probably end up with a vowel. I first saw the term on a message board that I started frequented in 2005. I had never so the term before I started going to that particular message board but the term was already in existence at that time and my guess is used a number of spots on the internet at that time and was the cool trendy way to say somebody was owned. I guess this is a messageboard so I cannot say the term has made it to the mainstream, but I think I have heard people in mainstream media use that term. Its amazing how a language works. It almost definitely came from the common typo of hitting the p instead of the o when typing owned.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
You are right of course--as always.

I simply thought some might enjoy watching Juan squirm, guess that was wrong of me.

Sorry about filling your bandwidth with a worthless post, I realise that has never been done before.

Is it difficult walking with that stick up your ass?

E

EmptyTimCup

PSA: Pwned is Owned with a P, not pawned. Typo - p next to o.

:nono:

worse than that

Pwned = Pawned ...... not only did you own their ass, you pawned them off afterwords .... aka sold them for cheap