Jug Bay

Sparx

Has anyone fished the Jug Bay area on the Patuxent lately?
If so, how about a report?

OK, 187 views and no reports. I guess no one has been there lately. What would a person expect to catch there this time of the year?

SquirrelBait

Look at her SMILE
Catfish is all I have ever fished for up there but have seen many a bass boat up there. May also check out the DNR park site

Foxhound

Finishing last
OK, 187 views and no reports. I guess no one has been there lately. What would a person expect to catch there this time of the year?

I haven't been there in some time. When I did some canoeing in that area there were a variety of fish to catch, bass, carp, perch, catfish, even the occasional rockfish.

I imagine it might be possible to catch a few snakeheads now.

Anabaptist

If you drift shrimp (of all weird things) through Jug Bay in the early morning, you can get a cooler full of channel catfish. Minnows, herring, and clam snouts will also work.

Sparx

If you drift shrimp (of all weird things) through Jug Bay in the early morning, you can get a cooler full of channel catfish. Minnows, herring, and clam snouts will also work.

I'm not surprised. I've used shrimp for cafish bait for a long time. Clean, easy to hook and if the fish don't eat it, you can.