July 4th

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Several of the neighbors were lighting off fireworks last night as I was getting ready to go to sleep.

Fortunately the dog wasn’t afraid as much as she was agitated and barking at the noise. Glad she didn’t go into an anxiety fit like some do. Just another thing I’m thankful for with this rescue.

PJay

Small dog always wants to climb on my head. Big dog wants to kill the person causing the noise. I finally decided this year to ask the vet to give me something. It worked, they were stress free.

I almost took one...

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Normally Apollo would be a wreck but I think he's lost his hearing (along with his eyesight) because the boomers the past few nights don't even faze him.

DaSDGuy

Small dog always wants to climb on my head. Big dog wants to kill the person causing the noise. I finally decided this year to ask the vet to give me something. It worked, they were stress free.

I almost took one...
Let the big dog out.

DaSDGuy

Typical libs

From Fox News - Arizona Democrats promote 'f--k the 4th' event to 'mourn' Supreme Court abortion decision
Arizona Democrats promote 'f--k the 4th' event to 'mourn' Supreme Court abortion decision

Looks like this was a step further

From Fox News - Illinois 4th of July parade erupts into chaos after shooter kills 6, injures 31 others; manhunt underway
Illinois 4th of July parade erupts into chaos after shooter kills 6, injures 31 others; manhunt underway

Six dead and dozens wounded, so far. Shooter still at large. Waiting to see if the motive is related to libs F the 4th declaration.

Last edited:

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Six dead and dozens wounded, so far.
More of the deteriorations my Mrs. and I saw during the 16 1/2 years we lived in northern Illinois.
We tried to warn folks about State Senator Do-Nothing Obama and his divisive rhetoric.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
I mighta caused an "incident" with fireworks back in my youth...
If not, you ain't a real man! 😆

We've all had our "incidents". It's all in how you recover from them.

Buddy and I were tossing lit crackers at each other and one ended up on the front white leather seat of my uncle's Pontiac. With lightning quick reflexes of a young teenager, he snatched the door open, cracked his head with the window frame, and retrieved said cracker before the thing went off. Most impressive correction I've ever witnessed. The knot on his forehead turned the most vivid shade of purple that I've ever seen.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
Back in the 70’s I was staying with my GGM on the farm which is next door to a very large Mennonite farm. I got bored and started looking through the old house and barn. One day I came across a case of dynamite that my GGF had bought at least two decades before. This was irresistible to a teenager so went to the back of the neighbor farm and lit off a few sticks. Unbeknownst to me dairy cows do not like big booms and pretty much stampeded through the hay field. Great grandma still had a lot of power in that switch arm.