Jump Standard Plans

Sparks

My husband built me 8 pairs of schooling standards. If you can find someone with a drill press, that will make it a lot easier. You will never get them straight with a hand held drill. All that holds them together are two large bolts. I could take a close up pic for you if you like.

Last edited:

Sparks

You can see them in the background here. Pretty easy to do.

Attachments

• 030.JPG
    030.JPG
    96.7 KB · Views: 167

fredsaid2

Use bolts like Sparks suggested. Nails won't hold long term.
Finding someone into woodworking who has a drill press is the best option. Makes the job sooo much easier!

BZ, can you believe I've never found my jump building book? It somehow disappeared in the move.

BZHorseMomE

Hunter/Eq. Trainer :-)
Use bolts like Sparks suggested. Nails won't hold long term.
Finding someone into woodworking who has a drill press is the best option. Makes the job sooo much easier!

BZ, can you believe I've never found my jump building book? It somehow disappeared in the move.

:cds: That is a good book. I borrowed it from someone this past fall and made copies if I ever had the need to build any jumps. I hope you fine it.:howdy:

spellbound

I will never again buy jump cups with pins. The pins get bent, and disappear in the grass/sand. I'd go with the keyhole system.

Sparks

My favorite cup is the middleburg jump cups. It's one piece. I won a pair at a horse show and they are great. I think they're expensive though.

Spellbound - I bought a bag of replacement pins that are white plastic. Easy to find on the grass, maybe not so much in the sand.

FrmGrl

Get some!
Like the pictures of the DEAD horses in the foreground. :yikes::lmao:

I'll have to check around to see if someone has a drill press. :howdy:
BZ, hubby and I have a drill press. Actually we have a whole woodshop. I think we are going to make a ring this spring and make some jumps.

BZHorseMomE

BZ, hubby and I have a drill press. Actually we have a whole woodshop. I think we are going to make a ring this spring and make some jumps.

Hey if I buy my own jump supplies can I come down to play in your woodshop??? :whistle: :dye: Building your own ring and jumps!!! :yahoo:

BZHorseMomE