Jumper Clinic

eventrder

This is a wonderful clinic, I rode with him in June, if anyone is intrested please pm me.

De La Brooke Pony Club is hosting a 2 day clinic with Richard Lamb. Dates are March 15th and 16th. Location is Sam Hill Farm, Charlotte Hall, MD.

Richard Lamb is an experienced competitor, teacher, coach and USPC National Examiner. He teaches and trains riders and horses in disciplines of eventing, hunters, jumpers and dressage. His regional and national clinics are for all levels and ages of riders from BN through CCI***, from short stirrup through Grand Prix, and from training level dressage through the FEI divisions. He worked in Ireland for 2 years with Eric Hogan, member of the Irish event team, riding young horses and traveling to national and international competitions.
Richard has also competed in show jumping-riding through the intermediate and mini-grand prix divisions. Since 1985, he has designed show jumping courses for events. USPC nationals and other USPC competitions and for *** events such as the foxhall cup CCI*** in Georgia.

His Philosophy: "Its not just talent that makes you a good rider, but persistence and keeping at it when things get tough. In riding, you have to focus on what you want to happen instead of on what you're afraid might happen... If someone doesn't understand something, its not his or her fault. When people are trying hard I'll help them as much as they want me to help them so we can get the job accomplished.....People learn in different ways. I try to choose the way that works best for each individual horse and rider.

His Clinics: During the clinic you will learn to more easily feel whether you are riding with or against your horse. It does not matter whether you are a novice or experienced rider or riding a young or problem or well schooled horse- you will be more able to handle new or difficult situations because you will listen to your horse's unspoken language. "Think as a horse."

Groups will be formed from 2'and up. Groups will ride for 2 hours each day and auditing other groups is encouraged.