Jumper Derby!!!

Duckz

This looks fun! Is anyone else going? :starcat:

De La Brooke Foxhounds W
JUMPER DERBY
June 14, 2008
Glennwood Farm
Upper Marlboro, Maryland

The Jumper Derby is a combination jumper/cross-country course of obstacles and elements with optimum time. Two courses are offered at four jump height levels. One course is for warm-up (A) and the second course (B) will be judged.

10:00 a.m. 12” – 18”, untimed, no drop
11:00 a.m. 2’ – 2’3”, 350 meters/minute, drop optional
1:00 p.m. 2’4” – 2’9”, 350 meters/minute, drop optional
3:00 p.m. 2’9” – 3’, 400 meters/minute, drop required
Riders may repeat either course as often as they desire. On the Judged course (B), penalties are incurred for knock-downs, refusals, falls and exceeding the optimum time. Three refusals constitutes elimination.

Entry Fee: $15 per course
Food and beverages available on the grounds. No pets please.
Further Information: Sandy Sweikar (301) 872 4055
Arleen Strider (410) 586 1932

DIRECTIONS: I-95/I-495 to exit 11A (Pennsylvania Avenue extended/Rt. 4 (toward Upper Marlboro). Go through 3 traffic lights, at top hill exit at Rt. 223 Woodyard Road (Mellwood and Clinton). Go all the way down the exit ramp onto Woodyard Rd. and get immediately into left lane and turn left at light onto Osborne Road. After one mile, pass group of black mailboxes on left and make immediate left turn onto Farm Road. *One mile on Farm Road (bear right at fork) toward 6350 South Osborne Road and follow signs for parking.
FROM SOUTHERN MD: Rt. 5 to Rt. 301 North. Left on Osborne Road (at light past Rosaryville entrance). Right onto Farm Road and follow from * above.

PREPARE FOR DERBY WITH CLINIC: Samantha Allan, Allan Sport Horses, is teaching a clinic at Glenwood Farm on June 1st. Levels same as Derby. Sign up by calling above information numbers.
Welcome to the MCTA

Duckz

Is that the one Casey posted a thing about on the board? I signed up for it =D

Yup, that's the one!! I might stop by to watch, but I have to be at the shower by 1:00. What height are you going to do? Taking Bubba, right?

SayDLvr01

Bubbalicious!
Yup, that's the one!! I might stop by to watch, but I have to be at the shower by 1:00. What height are you going to do? Taking Bubba, right?

Yep, taking Bubba! We'll probably do the 12"-18" or 2'-2'3, depending on how the two practice sessions with Casey go. So, we'll see =)