June 24th at Flat Iron Farm

R

remaxrealtor

We're havin us a real shin dig! Trail rides go out in advanced, intermediate and beginner starting at 10:00. There'll be a tack swap, a BBQ (catered by Rick's...what a suprise!), pony sale, etc.

We've really been working on trails, so they should be in top condition by then!

$10 a rider and all proceeds go to the Snowflake Society!

Any suggestions on additional things we could do that day are welcome!

Last edited by a moderator:

fttrsbeerwench

I don't read the horsey threads since I don't own one.. But I love horses and like to ride them..
What is the Snowflake Society? Is it a local thing?

R

remaxrealtor

fttrsbeerwench said:
I don't read the horsey threads since I don't own one.. But I love horses and like to ride them..
What is the Snowflake Society? Is it a local thing?

He will be missed...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I know that Pegster passed along that Cincy (aka Snowflake, the gray horse from Park Hall) died early Thursday morning. As his adoptive mom, I can't tell you how much I miss him and how much I wish I had been able to give him just a few more long happy years, instead of a few short happy months.

To make a very long story of a week short...on Monday, Cincy was down in the pasture and I was unable to get him up - until Dr. Benedict from Tidewater threatened to tube him to treat him for colic and deliver fluids, at which point he quickly got up on his own - and drank. We got through the colic with Banamine, and started treating a myriad of potential causes of his illness (toxemia?, septicemia?, tumor somewhere?, etc) with strong antibiotics. Through the colic, getting cast, dehydration (all of this in the rain and cold of earlier this week), etc, he seemed to be improving - at least, he was on his feet and grumpy again. I've never been so happy to have a horse give me an attitude.

Dr. B was set to come out yesterday morning to deliver IV fluids (still too sick to sedate for a NG tube), but Cincy had already passed. To my regret, I was not with him when (it looked like) he simply laid down and went to sleep. There was no struggle. Although his body was on the mend, his heart could no longer handle the strain.

We buried him last night in a beautiful spot in the pasture. I'm not talented to enough to post pics, but I'll pass the pic I took of him on the Saturday before he died to someone who can - and you all can see what a beautiful horse the world lost yesterday.

He was truly special and will be missed.

Some really incredible people started the Snowflake Society to benefit hoofed animals in Southern Maryland. There are so many dog and cat lovers who are willing to open their hearts and homes, but very few who are able to take on a horse (space, cost, etc.). Even if you don't ride, it'll be a fun day (and a GREAT BBQ!).

SouthernMdRocks

R.I.P. Bobo, We miss you!
Bless his heart!

remaxrealtor said:
He will be missed...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I know that Pegster passed along that Cincy (aka Snowflake, the gray horse from Park Hall) died early Thursday morning. As his adoptive mom, I can't tell you how much I miss him and how much I wish I had been able to give him just a few more long happy years, instead of a few short happy months.

To make a very long story of a week short...on Monday, Cincy was down in the pasture and I was unable to get him up - until Dr. Benedict from Tidewater threatened to tube him to treat him for colic and deliver fluids, at which point he quickly got up on his own - and drank. We got through the colic with Banamine, and started treating a myriad of potential causes of his illness (toxemia?, septicemia?, tumor somewhere?, etc) with strong antibiotics. Through the colic, getting cast, dehydration (all of this in the rain and cold of earlier this week), etc, he seemed to be improving - at least, he was on his feet and grumpy again. I've never been so happy to have a horse give me an attitude.

Dr. B was set to come out yesterday morning to deliver IV fluids (still too sick to sedate for a NG tube), but Cincy had already passed. To my regret, I was not with him when (it looked like) he simply laid down and went to sleep. There was no struggle. Although his body was on the mend, his heart could no longer handle the strain.

We buried him last night in a beautiful spot in the pasture. I'm not talented to enough to post pics, but I'll pass the pic I took of him on the Saturday before he died to someone who can - and you all can see what a beautiful horse the world lost yesterday.

He was truly special and will be missed.

Some really incredible people started the Snowflake Society to benefit hoofed animals in Southern Maryland. There are so many dog and cat lovers who are willing to open their hearts and homes, but very few who are able to take on a horse (space, cost, etc.). Even if you don't ride, it'll be a fun day (and a GREAT BBQ!).

He has passed on to greener pastures.

fttrsbeerwench

Awww, :bawl: I had forgotten what his name was.....

That's a shame....

On a happy note.. I was told that the dope who owned him can't get by with farm taxes any more and has decided to sell the land.. Maybe he'll move to Iraq and abuse some terrorists. I hate animal abusers/neglectors.

mingiz

Horse Poor
ReMax and I rode some of it yesterday. Had fun but damn the deer flies.. I had to take my lil pal out to the herd of cows to see if she was brave, well she walked right up into the herd like she did it every day. And has never been around cows. But put a pile of boards on the trail and it's exit stage left!
Silly critters aren't they :lmao:

btw Lou is a sweety :huggy:

R

remaxrealtor

mingiz said:
ReMax and I rode some of it yesterday. Had fun but damn the deer flies.. I had to take my lil pal out to the herd of cows to see if she was brave, well she walked right up into the herd like she did it every day. And has never been around cows. But put a pile of boards on the trail and it's exit stage left!
Silly critters aren't they :lmao:

btw Lou is a sweety :huggy:

Thanks! He's my baby! Rode Holly today and when we got to that first big hill, she backed her ass up against a tree and dug in with the front end. That would be why I don't have a mare! Mix the mare/app recipe and wow what a b%tch! :wench:

mingiz

Horse Poor
remaxrealtor said:
Thanks! He's my baby! Rode Holly today and when we got to that first big hill, she backed her ass up against a tree and dug in with the front end. That would be why I don't have a mare! Mix the mare/app recipe and wow what a b%tch! :wench:

What's up with the mares on that farm, 1 pal 1 appy...lol :lmao: Maybe she was missin' Lou :huggy:

R

remaxrealtor

remaxrealtor said:
We're havin us a real shin dig! Trail rides go out in advanced, intermediate and beginner starting at 10:00. There'll be a tack swap, a BBQ (catered by Rick's...what a suprise!), pony sale, etc.

We've really been working on trails, so they should be in top condition by then!

$10 a rider and all proceeds go to the Snowflake Society!

NEWSFLASH!!!!! The tack shop at Flat Iron has been sold and the new owners are having a GRAND RE-OPENING on the 24th......there'll be something for everyone, snowcones, food, demos, etc. They're expanding their lines of everything and going for real quality products, they've also expanded the store.

fredsaid2

remaxrealtor said:
remaxrealtor said:
NEWSFLASH!!!!! The tack shop at Flat Iron has been sold and the new owners are having a GRAND RE-OPENING on the 24th......there'll be something for everyone, snowcones, food, demos, etc. They're expanding their lines of everything and going for real quality products, they've also expanded the store.

Wow! That was a fast turnaround! Original owners found the business just wasn’t for them? What kind of brands do the new owners plan to expand with?

mygoldnhorse

Cowgirl Up
TotalControl said:
hey mygoldenhorse if Percy is not going can Tiki and Amira hitch a ride ..

So sorry.....I won't be able to make it to the ride. Plumloco just informed me that we have a wedding to do at Herrington Harbour on Saturday at 10:am with the horse & carriage. Which means that we have to get up at 6am and give MO his bath, wash the carriage, clean the harness:jameo: :jameo: Who ever heard of someone getting married at 10am :smack:
I would really like to ride the trails at Flat Iron sometime. I hope the day goes great.

R

remaxrealtor

mygoldnhorse said:
So sorry.....I won't be able to make it to the ride. Plumloco just informed me that we have a wedding to do at Herrington Harbour on Saturday at 10:am with the horse & carriage. Which means that we have to get up at 6am and give MO his bath, wash the carriage, clean the harness:jameo: :jameo: Who ever heard of someone getting married at 10am :smack:
I would really like to ride the trails at Flat Iron sometime. I hope the day goes great.
Thanks so much and good luck with the wedding. PM me and we'll hook up some time and ride them together!

R

remaxrealtor

CANCELLED DUE TO WEATHER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We'll reschedule for the Saturday after 4th of July weekend.