Jury Duty in St. Mary's County???

fromchaptico

Hello everyone,

So, today I received a Non-Responded notice from St. Mary's County Circuit Court - they must have sent a summons and I didn't get it. I changed from my old street mailing address to a PO Box, and they were still sending to the old address. Anyway, after being forwarded, the letter did not arrive in time, so I missed the five day window to reply. BUT, I immediately went online and filled out the Juror Qualification Form like I was supposed to, changed to the correct mailing address, etc. The little yellow box on my online jury management form says I am scheduled to appear on Sept 10 - tomorrow!! - but the St. Mary's jury information page says my number is supposed to call Friday, Sept 13 for more information. I have no idea WTF I am supposed to do. I have never been summoned for jury duty before, and since I don't have the summons itself, I have no information. Naturally, everyone from the court clerk to my divorce attorney had gone home for the day by the time I retrieved this thing from my PO box this afternoon, and I have no idea who in the world to call for information tonight.

Any ideas on whether I am supposed to show up tomorrow? I can't easily take a day off of work on this short notice - I will if I have to, of course, but don't want to go there just in case, when I might need to take off later if I am actually called after the 13th. Help!

Thank you!

jazz lady

~*~ rara avis ~*~
Do you have your juror number? Call the number and it should tell you if jurors are to report tomorrow and, if so, what range of numbers.

sm8

Took a pic of mine, it says to call number night before. The recording will tell you if you need to appear tomorrow. You must take your juror ID badge.

Attachments

alicejohn

According to the jury information website:

http://www.courts.state.md.us/clerks/stmarys/jurystatus/juryannounce.pdf

,you do not have to report this week.

You will need to know your juror number to know when you have to report.

Get used to short notice. You will be notified after 5:00 pm to report the next day. They will never post the notice for the next day much before 5:00 pm.

I had jury duty from 26 July to 30 Aug. My juror number was early in the jury pool. I was called three times in the five weeks. Jurors later in the pool were called twice.

fromchaptico

Everyone, thanks so much for your help! I was totally stressed out, especially since I was late to the party in filling out my juror qualification form. I am a teacher - the short notice is going to be a huge problem in terms of getting a sub. Ugh.

mamatutu

mama to two
Everyone, thanks so much for your help! I was totally stressed out, especially since I was late to the party in filling out my juror qualification form. I am a teacher - the short notice is going to be a huge problem in terms of getting a sub. Ugh.
Welcome to America! Stress is normal, if you are an upstanding, hard working citizen trying to do the right thing. I hope it all works out for you, because most of the time what we are mandated to do, is a bunch of crap. Best of luck. I mean that, and, in no way, am I being sarcastic.

JLS

I had JD then too! and I got called in twice .. Call the # and check for ur number. and they are right - they don't usually change the information until after 5pm.

According to the jury information website:

http://www.courts.state.md.us/clerks/stmarys/jurystatus/juryannounce.pdf

,you do not have to report this week.

You will need to know your juror number to know when you have to report.

Get used to short notice. You will be notified after 5:00 pm to report the next day. They will never post the notice for the next day much before 5:00 pm.

I had jury duty from 26 July to 30 Aug. My juror number was early in the jury pool. I was called three times in the five weeks. Jurors later in the pool were called twice.

alicejohn

You need to talk to your supervisor. You are not the first teacher to get jury duty.

alicejohn

Welcome to America! Stress is normal, if you are an upstanding, hard working citizen trying to do the right thing. I hope it all works out for you, because most of the time what we are mandated to do, is a bunch of crap. Best of luck. I mean that, and, in no way, am I being sarcastic.
The Sixth Amendment to the U. S. Constitution ensures, among other things, a public trial heard by an impartial jury of the State. Where do you propose the State get the jurors for a trial? Sorry if you think your civic duty is a bunch of crap.

Welcome to America.

mamatutu

mama to two
The Sixth Amendment to the U. S. Constitution ensures, among other things, a public trial heard by an impartial jury of the State. Where do you propose the State get the jurors for a trial? Sorry if you think your civic duty is a bunch of crap.

Welcome to America.
I already said welcome to America, but thank you. I don't believe I have had the pleasure of meeting you before. My name is Robin. Nice to meet you.

CaneCorso

Hello everyone,

So, today I received a Non-Responded notice from St. Mary's County Circuit Court - they must have sent a summons and I didn't get it. I changed from my old street mailing address to a PO Box, and they were still sending to the old address. Anyway, after being forwarded, the letter did not arrive in time, so I missed the five day window to reply. BUT, I immediately went online and filled out the Juror Qualification Form like I was supposed to, changed to the correct mailing address, etc. The little yellow box on my online jury management form says I am scheduled to appear on Sept 10 - tomorrow!! - but the St. Mary's jury information page says my number is supposed to call Friday, Sept 13 for more information. I have no idea WTF I am supposed to do. I have never been summoned for jury duty before, and since I don't have the summons itself, I have no information. Naturally, everyone from the court clerk to my divorce attorney had gone home for the day by the time I retrieved this thing from my PO box this afternoon, and I have no idea who in the world to call for information tonight.

Any ideas on whether I am supposed to show up tomorrow? I can't easily take a day off of work on this short notice - I will if I have to, of course, but don't want to go there just in case, when I might need to take off later if I am actually called after the 13th. Help!

Thank you!
Interesting I got nailed also this month also. I've called in every evening but other than the first day it's been numbers 1-600 call back on such and such day (13th as of Monday), maybe I should go on line...
:coffee: