Jury Reaches Verdict in Muhammad Sentence

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
VIRGINIA BEACH, Va. - A verdict was reached Monday in the sentencing of sniper mastermind John Allen Muhammad.

Jurors sent word they had reached a decision on whether to sentence Muhammad to death after deliberating five hours over two days. Jurors convicted him of murder a week ago.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Guess the verdict itself hasn't been read yet... :burning:

crabcake

But wait, there's more...
:dance: :getdown: :clap:

now, how do we get in on the pool to be selected to throw the switch/supply the lead/tie the knot in his noose? :biggrin:

Christy

b*tch rocket
I imagine there will be a bazillion appeals and millions of taxdollars consumed before actually executing the man.

Pete

Repete
I am torn on the death penalty anymore. It began with Timmothy McVie (sp). I think death is an easy way out. Spending eternity in a cell NEVER having freedom to do ANYTHING again seems much more a fitting torture.

The death penalty makes us feel better that the tool is dead, but he never suffers in actuality.:shrug:

crabcake

Originally posted by Pete
The death penalty makes us feel better that the tool is dead, but he never suffers in actuality.:shrug:

let me administer the sentence and I'll show you suffering sweetheart. :bubble:

still interested in that date, Pete? :biggrin:

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
Spending eternity in a cell NEVER having freedom to do ANYTHING again seems much more a fitting torture.

Agreed, especially if the monster is cut off from all human contact.

crabcake

But until the dude is bumped off, you cannot guarantee that he will never harm again; and to me, that's what it's all about. :ohwell:

F

Flo

There was a report that he tried to escape. Can you imagine! Those folks on the Jury that got the information that "their area" might have been next, (as they were plotting more deaths) had no other recourse, but to give him the death penalty. Well deserved if any one was to receive the death penalty. I don't feel sorry for Malvo either! They are getting what they deserve!

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
Originally posted by crabcake
But until the dude is bumped off, you cannot guarantee that he will never harm again; and to me, that's what it's all about. :ohwell:

Nope. What it's all about for me is exercising our anger at being held emotional hostage by this ambulatory piece of offal.

F

Flo

I am torn on the death penalty anymore. It began with Timmothy McVie (sp). I think death is an easy way out. Spending eternity in a cell NEVER having freedom to do ANYTHING again seems much more a fitting torture.

Don't feel sorry for Timothy McVey either! Even though they should have put him in a box (alive), rigged it, and blown him up!!

crabcake

Originally posted by Tonio
Nope. What it's all about for me is exercising our anger at being held emotional hostage by this ambulatory piece of offal.

I could relieve my anger and frustrations via administering his punishment ... quite easily and in a very satisfactory fashion, I might add. :cool:

I have needle-nosed pliers, a circular saw, a hammer, a hand sander (if Pete gave it back after using it on his eyes :lol:), a drill and a few other tools. I'm sure I could make this piece of horse chit suffer for a little while before he succumbs to a heart attack from the fear of me standing over him while the sound of the saw circulating resonates throughout the room, overriding his cries for help. :shrug: :bubble:

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
Originally posted by Flo
Don't feel sorry for Timothy McVey either!

Believe me, I don't! The only fitting punishment for him (and for Osama) is to die painful, long, violent deaths over and over for all eternity.

F

Flo

Believe me, I don't! The only fitting punishment for him (and for Osama) is to die painful, long, violent deaths over and over for all eternity.

One longggggg painful death should suffice. What was the name of the American guy that was found in Afghanistan after the uprising? What ever happened to him? He probably is scot-free (or will be in the next few years), and will probably head back to Afghanistan and help Osama. He was another one that should have been hung by his whatever, and shot!

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
Originally posted by Flo
One longggggg painful death should suffice. What was the name of the American guy that was found in Afghanistan after the uprising? What ever happened to him? He probably is scot-free (or will be in the next few years), and will probably head back to Afghanistan and help Osama. He was another one that should have been hung by his whatever, and shot!

What that doesn't do for me is bring about remorse. I would get a lot of satisfaction out of seeing McVeigh or bin Laden or John Allen Muhammed weeping pitifully, begging for forgiveness. I want them to cower in fear when I walk in the room. Even if they are psychotics who don't think rationally, they have their breaking points like any other human, and I will find a way to break them.

Christy

b*tch rocket
What that doesn't do for me is bring about remorse. I would get a lot of satisfaction out of seeing McVeigh or bin Laden or John Allen Muhammed weeping pitifully, begging for forgiveness. I want them to cower in fear when I walk in the room. Even if they are psychotics who don't think rationally, they have their breaking points like any other human, and I will find a way to break them.

Unfortunately for us all, the John Allen Muhammeds of this world will never feel remorse.

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
Originally posted by Christy
Unfortunately for us all, the John Allen Muhammeds of this world will never feel remorse.

Not even if we went to any extreme to make him feel physical and emotional agony? What if we forced him to watch John Lee Malvo being tortured?

Pete

Repete
Originally posted by crabcake
let me administer the sentence and I'll show you suffering sweetheart. :bubble:
But the suffering is only for a few moments, fade to black. Put them in a cell and make them walk in circles for eternity is LONG suffering.

still interested in that date, Pete? :biggrin:
Yea, you don't scare me.