Just a Horse

BZHorseMomE

Hunter/Eq. Trainer :-)
Just A Horse

From time to time, people tell me,
"Lighten up, it's just a horse," or "that's alot of money
for "just a horse".
They don't understand the distance traveled, the time spent in "just a horse". Some of my proudest moments have come about with "just a horse".
Many hours have passed and my only company was "just a horse", but I did not once
feel slighted. Some of my saddest moments have been brought about by "just a horse", and
in those days of darkness, the gentle touch of "just a horse" gave me comfort and reason to
overcome the day. If you, too, think its "just a horse". Then you will probably understand phrases
like " just a friend", "just a sunrise", or "just a promise".
"Just a horse" brings into my life the very essence of friendship, trust, and pure unbridled joy.
"Just a horse" brings out the compassion and patience that makes me a better person. Because
of "just a horse", I will rise early, take long walks and look longingly to the future. So for me and folks like me it's not "just a horse" but an embodiment of all the hopes and dreams of the future. The fond
memories of the past, and the pure joy of the moment. "just a horse" brings out what's good in me and
diverts my thoughts away from myself and the worries of the day. I hope that someday they can understand that it's not "just a horse" but the thing that gives me humanity and keeps me from being " just a woman or man". So the next time you hear the phase "just a horse", just smile, because they "just don't understand".

Horse poems and quotes

C

campinmutt

when I ride my "just a horse" I get the BIGGEST grin on my face. Suzi is The Bomb!!