Just a thought..

GregV814

watching the Nats play ball tonight, I noticed a patch on the umpires, "FFTX" or something like that.

What is it???? Its a marketing logo patch for a stadium or arena discussed during a contract with the MLB. They debuted after the allstar game.

It just doesn't seem right to me, an old geezer traditionalist. Umpires shouldn't advertise being bought and sold whores.

Yeah, I know, marketing is primo on all affaleetes these days. I suspect one day we'll see each player's jersey plastered by the sponsors logos i.e. Kool Menthols, Sara Lee cakes, Ben & Jerry's.....etc.

I can visualize Home plate umpires with "My Eye Doctor" glasses, logos.

How about criminal trial lawyers in Court with "The Goldberg Law" pin stripe suits, "Oj's Dream Team" t shirts, "Litigators Inc", (even if you lose, we still get paid)....Okay, I'm done. have a good weekend.

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
Best baseball team sponsor ever:

.................................CHICO'S BAIL BONDS

Yooper

Up. Identified. Lase. Fire. On the way.
It just doesn't seem right to me, an old geezer traditionalist. Umpires shouldn't advertise being bought and sold whores.
Absolutely agree. Disgraceful. Looking more and more like European sports leagues' players and referees kit. But MLB's got bills to pay, I guess....

That it is a crypto currency company is kinda ironic.... Maybe a self-own, even?

--- End of line (MCP)

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
watching the Nats play ball tonight, I noticed a patch on the umpires, "FFTX" or something like that.

What is it???? Its a marketing logo patch for a stadium or arena discussed during a contract with the MLB. They debuted after the allstar game.

Yeah, I know, marketing is primo on all affaleetes these days. I suspect one day we'll see each player's jersey plastered by the sponsors logos i.e. Kool Menthols, Sara Lee cakes, Ben & Jerry's.....etc.

I can visualize Home plate umpires with "My Eye Doctor" glasses, logos.

How about criminal trial lawyers in Court with "The Goldberg Law" pin stripe suits, "Oj's Dream Team" t shirts, "Litigators Inc", (even if you lose, we still get paid)....Okay, I'm done. have a good weekend.
Kind of says that Pete Rose should be back in baseball