just a weird thing here...

GregV814

I watched the Saturday morning sports shows on upcoming college football games as usual this morning. Then it struck me. All the analyists are in studio reading cue cards but some have on complete head sets with a microphone. None are in a noisy stadium. So why the headsets? Is it just to add credibility or something? I cant recall the ctew on GMA or Fox 5 going from studio to studio watching headset wearing talking heads.

R

rhenderson

GregV814;5572017 ..... All the analyists are in studio reading cue cards but some have on complete head sets with a microphone. None are in a noisy stadium. So why the headsets? Is it just to add credibility or something? I cant recall the ctew on GMA or Fox 5 going from studio to studio watching headset wearing talking heads....[/QUOTE said:
How do you know they are in a studio. They could well be in a stadium and you would hear little to no noise because the crowd is not there yet or the network is filtering out any outside noises. As for being in a studio - all they need is a couple of chairs, a partial sheet of plywood, a couple of boxes or sawhorses with a banner or piece of paneling set in front of an upright poster wall to make it look like they are in a studio. If they are brodcasting from the stadium area they would use the same communicaton gear they would use during the game.