Just call me Mrs. Noah

M

Mousebaby

I am going to rename my house Noah's Ark!

Now my Lovebirds have an egg!!!! :faint:

My cockatiels have 5 fertile ones that I know of, and my scorpion had about 20 babies!!! :jameo: WTH is going on in this house???? :tap:

My cockatiels have 5 fertile ones that I know of, and my scorpion had about 20 babies!!! :jameo: WTH is going on in this house???? :tap:

You never got the sex talk from your parents...:confused:

M

Mousebaby

The unfortunate thing about the Lovebirds is they were given to me when they were both young and they had no idea what sex they were, so how could I know. :shrug:

The good news is, the Scorpions are about all spoken for. The is one forumite that said her son might want one if so she better hurry and tell me cause they are going quick! :clap:

The cockatiels, I can't take their nest away till I know if the eggs they have laid are going to hatch or not. If they don't hatch then no sweat off my nose I will take the box out and no more eggs ( I hope)

After the Lovebirds hatch their little eggs, if they hatch, I will also take their box away. But I can't separate the birds because that is why they are called Lovebirds, they pair for life.

I just wish there was a such thing as spaying or neutering your birds! :ohwell:

I

Inkpen

Hormones Mouse...Hormones!!!
At least they don't eat much and don't need a diaper service!!!!!

BTW:
Congratualtions! :yahoo:

M

Mousebaby

Hormones Mouse...Hormones!!!
At least they don't eat much and don't need a diaper service!!!!!

BTW:
Congratualtions! :yahoo:

:huggy: ThanKS! By the way, would you like a set of beautiful Lovebirds? :biggrin:

Cowgirl

The unfortunate thing about the Lovebirds is they were given to me when they were both young and they had no idea what sex they were, so how could I know. :shrug:

The good news is, the Scorpions are about all spoken for. The is one forumite that said her son might want one if so she better hurry and tell me cause they are going quick! :clap:

The cockatiels, I can't take their nest away till I know if the eggs they have laid are going to hatch or not. If they don't hatch then no sweat off my nose I will take the box out and no more eggs ( I hope)

After the Lovebirds hatch their little eggs, if they hatch, I will also take their box away. But I can't separate the birds because that is why they are called Lovebirds, they pair for life.

I just wish there was a such thing as spaying or neutering your birds! :ohwell:

Ok, seriously? You said you didn't plan on breeding to cockatiels, so why didn't you do something about it after the first clutch was bad? People talk on this forum ALL the time about unwanted animals. Birds are no different! There are tons of cockatiels and other birds out there being given away every day. Look how many are already for sale in the classifieds!

Advertisement - Pets & Animals

M

Mousebaby

Ok, seriously? You said you didn't plan on breeding to cockatiels, so why didn't you do something about it after the first clutch was bad? People talk on this forum ALL the time about unwanted animals. Birds are no different! There are tons of cockatiels and other birds out there being given away every day. Look how many are already for sale in the classifieds!

I have never owned Cockatiels that had eggs before and I didn't know for sure if I didn't leave the box in there if she wouldn't get eggbound and die. Now I know some, not much, I am going to do what Paso told me to do when this clutch hatches. I had no intention of breeding at all, I didn't know the one bird was a female as it was a baby when I bought it and you can't tell until they are a year old by the time it was too late.

I am not one to breed animals deliberately as I too get irate at all the animals out here without homes. It was a mistake, I am human, that makes me foul able. I do not intend on letting it happen again! I have been discussing things with my vet if you would let his number so you can interrogate me further I can give it to you. I have been asking him what my options are so I can make it stop.

Now, I am about one of the nicest people you would ever want to meet and animals are my life, so don't go judging me before you know the whole story. I asked for none of this, I save animals and take in unwanted animals all the time and spay and neuter them immediately. Jaybeeztoo can attest to how I am with my animals. DO NOT JUDGE ME you DON'T KNOW ME!

Cowgirl

I have never owned Cockatiels that had eggs before and I didn't know for sure if I didn't leave the box in there if she wouldn't get eggbound and die. Now I know some, not much, I am going to do what Paso told me to do when this clutch hatches. I had no intention of breeding at all, I didn't know the one bird was a female as it was a baby when I bought it and you can't tell until they are a year old by the time it was too late.

I am not one to breed animals deliberately as I too get irate at all the animals out here without homes. It was a mistake, I am human, that makes me foul able. I do not intend on letting it happen again! I have been discussing things with my vet if you would let his number so you can interrogate me further I can give it to you. I have been asking him what my options are so I can make it stop.

Now, I am about one of the nicest people you would ever want to meet and animals are my life, so don't go judging me before you know the whole story. I asked for none of this, I save animals and take in unwanted animals all the time and spay and neuter them immediately. Jaybeeztoo can attest to how I am with my animals. DO NOT JUDGE ME you DON'T KNOW ME!

Mouse, I honestly don't care if you breed your birds or not, I just am surprised you keep starting these "surprised" threads about your birds breeding. I offered a simple solution in your first thread....remove the eggs or separate the birds.

I just think it's a little ironic that you talk all the time about saving animals and then let your birds reproduce. :shrug: But hey, that's just my opinion.

M

Mousebaby

Mouse, I honestly don't care if you breed your birds or not, I just am surprised you keep starting these "surprised" threads about your birds breeding. I offered a simple solution in your first thread....remove the eggs or separate the birds.

I just think it's a little ironic that you talk all the time about saving animals and then let your birds reproduce. :shrug: But hey, that's just my opinion.

I will not kill innocent lives, to me they are alive if they are fertile. That is just me. I can't bring myself to do it. To me it is no different than having an abortion.

Once they are hatched I will do what I can to stop the breeding. I am even considering driving all the way to Baltimore with the female birds and having them spayed. Depends on how much it is. I am not rolling in money.

People have a tendency of bringing me their animals because they can't take care of them anymore and that's how I end up with more than one of something and get into this mess.

I started out with one cockatiel as an anniversary present from my husband.

My hair dresser asked me if I wanted another one, and because I am one of those people who cannot say no I ended up with the second one.

THEN my friend, who should be slapped stupid, brought me this Lovebird that she hand raised from a baby because it BIT her and she does not deal with animals that bite. :doh: So then it happened again, someone found out I had a lovebird and said hey I have a young lovebird will you take it. Glutten for punishment that I am I took it in because I didn't want it homeless.

My friends lovebird was still a baby, so again, we didn't know what sex it was to. So I was secretly hoping I would get lucky and they would be the same sex. No such luck, so you see how my life goes, it snowballs on me all the fricken time. I'm sorry if I offend you I don't mean to.

The scorpion I was seriously lied to. I was told she was a year old when I got her. I have had her just over a year. Apparently they can hold sperm inside them until the time is right and let themselves get pregnant when conditions are favorable. Also she is not 1 because they have to be at least 3 to be sexually mature. So I get lied to a lot! What can I say, I am a softy and I take in unwanted animals and I am the one that ends up getting screamed at and called out because people don't like what they think they are seeing.

I won't post about my animals anymore, don't ask me to take anymore either because I'm sick of catching hell for trying to help and ending up screwed in the end. I am in debt up to my ass and then some because of all my animals but NONE of them do without and they all have the very best I can give!