Just Knock It Off

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
The more you read up on black-on-black shootings, the more pointless and stupid they seem. Which in a way is good news. These aren’t inevitable tragedies that are fated by the inexorable laws of the universe. They’re just dumb decisions made by people who haven’t been taught by society just how ridiculous their values and behavior are.

There’s a win-win solution out there that nobody is talking about: Blacks could improve the attitudes of others toward them by rectifying their actions. The wise social scientist James Q. Wilson summed up a lifetime of studying crime in 2002:
A central problem—perhaps the central problem—in improving the relationship between white and black Americans is the difference in racial crime rates…. Black men commit murders at a rate about eight times greater than that for white men.
Hence, the single most effective way to improve America’s race problem would be for blacks to stop killing people so much.

For instance, do you want cops to be gentler with blacks? Do you want more integration of neighborhoods? Then give the police and neighbors less good reason to fear blacks’ violent impulsiveness.

How can America encourage African-Americans to be more law-abiding?

The first step when you find yourself in a hole is to stop digging. The current national orgy of excuse-making and praise for blacks is exacerbating their already severe self-destructiveness.

The second step is to tell the truth about black crime.

The third step is for government, media, and institutions to encourage blacks to reform.

In 2018, blacks were per capita 7.9 times more likely to be murder offenders than the rest of the U.S. population, which includes 60 million Hispanics.

That is a ridiculous ratio.

I’m sorry, but it is time to stop excusing away the absurdly high rate of black criminality as an inevitable outcome of poverty or systemic racism or whatever and start asking blacks to just knock it off.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
"Then give the police and neighbors less good reason to fear blacks’ violent impulsiveness."

^^This^^

As an observer of people, in my lifetime, I've seen many, many instances of a perceived slight being reacted to quickly and violently. This is the way that a certain element of society have been brought up to act. Lash out, then ask questions. If acting civilized is considered "acting white", then for Christ's sake, act white. It's only considered acting white because the majority of people who are white, in fact, act civilized.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Forgot that I cancelled and slept off and on during the last three episodes. Sooooo, until I get my dvds back - they frickin' killed off Omar???? What in the hell did McNutty do now - caught something about moving dead bodies out of South Baltimore. Saw the last five minutes enough to catch Bubbles with his sister or did I imagine that? Clay Davis is still in - WTF? The Greeks are back? Did they kill Marlo at the end? McNutty is still with Beadie?

🤣

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
It's just a show

It's not "just" a show, though. It's based on a nonfiction book by a Baltimore crime reporter, aided by a Baltimore cop. What you see on The Wire is the way it really is. And let me just add that I LOVE YOU for watching. :love: I think every American - everyone on the planet! - should watch The Wire to get a better understanding of how it all works.
Sooooo, until I get my dvds back - they frickin' killed off Omar???? What in the hell did McNutty do now - caught something about moving dead bodies out of South Baltimore. Saw the last five minutes enough to catch Bubbles with his sister or did I imagine that? Clay Davis is still in - WTF? The Greeks are back? Did they kill Marlo at the end? McNutty is still with Beadie?

Do you really want the answers to these questions? I don't want to spoil it for you.

Hijinx

It's a good article and it speaks of murder in black neighborhoods which is a problem, but there are so many other reason besides murder why whites try to escape when the shadow arrives in a neighborhood.
I won't elaborate we all know the problems.
Many blacks try to escape these problems themselves.They want their kids to have a better life.
The problem is they bring the problems with them , their kids.