Just One More Tack in Prince Frederick

BZHorseMomE

Hunter/Eq. Trainer :-)
Was in today and they told me they were closing their doors this Saturday, March 7th. Said they are just going to have an internet store.

Robin

Was in today and they told me they were closing their doors this Saturday, March 7th. Said they are just going to have an internet store.

This is so sad. I can relate.....Internet has a lower overhead of expenses compared to leasin/rent of a building, Insurance, utilities. They are good peeps. Support your local feed and tack stores.

BZHorseMomE

Hunter/Eq. Trainer :-)
I looked around, but nothing seemed to be marked down except the stuff that was Red dot, yellow dot, blue dot, and green dotted already. Robin it is sad. Now no tack store in Calvert County again.

Sadielady

Ahhhh Florida!
My mom owns a tack store in FLorida and says people come in all of the time to try on things so that they can go buy it on the internet. It drives her crazy! She is well aware or who supports the stores and who doesn't. What people don't understand is that local tack stores won't survive if you don't support them. If you see a good deal on line ask your local tack store if they can match your deal. Sometimes they can and are willing too. If you don't support them then they won't be there for the free advise they give and have those items that you need to immediately take with you when you leave. In our area all of the local tack stores are gone. :coffee: Luckily I have connections!:whistle: SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL TACK STORES!

erinjograves

Wow! The lack of tack stores is making me sad. I know that one of the reasons we had to close our doors was because of the internet. People would, like Sadie said, come in and try stuff on and then leave and order it on the internet. The internet and catalogs really hurt the local tack stores.

Its def sad to see another one go!

Sparks

Small, local stores simply cannot compete price-wise with online retailers and even Dover when they're having a sale.

Wait4It..boom

Oh no!!!! That's terrible news. I needed some items anyway so I'm gonna lug myself over there and buy what I needed. Darn- I really like being able to shop through their store too. I remember before the tack store, there was another woman that tried to have a small tack shop in the farmer's market. Her little "store" didn't make it either. Sooo sad.

FrmGrl

Get some!
Well I will be opening my little store soon and give it a shot. But it will be on my property, no paying for retail space. My internet site does really well, but I think its still important to have the brick and morter space for someone who needs something last minute. My intention though is to sell the items Robin and Elam dont have, kind of filling in the gaps, more apparel and show stuff. Its very sad to hear. They were in a good location too. Yes, support the local shops. We need them and no I am not trying to spam.

HeavyChevy75

Podunk FL
Well I will be opening my little store soon and give it a shot. But it will be on my property, no paying for retail space. My internet site does really well, but I think its still important to have the brick and morter space for someone who needs something last minute. My intention though is to sell the items Robin and Elam dont have, kind of filling in the gaps, more apparel and show stuff. Its very sad to hear. They were in a good location too. Yes, support the local shops. We need them and no I am not trying to spam.

SPEAKING of ...when do you open?

FrmGrl

Get some!
SPAM I thought you were going to rent that place in Leanordtown?:whistle:
I did not say the name of my place:whistle: I was, but I did not like that it was on the second floor. So I opted for a nice building, same size, here on the property. Easier, and cheaper. So if it does not work out, I have lost nothing really.

jomtack

Just One More Saddlery & Tack is not closing for good. The economy is bad and the business is not paying the rent. We are going to get a good web site and if anyone needs anything we can direct you directly to our location where we will be temperarley. Please bare with us in this hard time but we are still here for our customers. Just call 410-414-7466 or Home Page

FrmGrl

Get some!
Just One More Saddlery & Tack is not closing for good. The economy is bad and the business is not paying the rent. We are going to get a good web site and if anyone needs anything we can direct you directly to our location where we will be temperarley. Please bare with us in this hard time but we are still here for our customers. Just call 410-414-7466 or Home Page
The web is so important these days but I have seen a steady drop in the last few months there too. The advertising alone is so expensive. Takes time to get on page one of Google and so forth. Good luck to you, Calvert County needs you!