just passing the word...

flarenuphope

laura+flare= gone
this is not me, got this in my email from a friend of mine....
pm if interested...
As some of you know, last summer my so-called husband left me high and dry, taking with him 3/4 of the income here. Last year I was able to sell 2 horses and give away two, and I've scraped through the winter. its come to a head though, my mother has fessed up to what is really going on financially here, and its way more than can be remedied in time to stay here. I need to move our asap, so she can get this place fixed up and sold. She has the mortgage now up to double of what she had been telling me and now there are no more options.

I have 4-5 horses that I need to place quickly.

Mouse: 20 year old anglo arab, 15hh, grey, tons of trail experience and no vices. I have not ridden her since she was 14 after a horse put his hoof through my knee - I can't ride trot anymore. She is basically sound, a little stiff until she warms up (she could stand to be on some MSM), still full of energy and has a lot of good years left in her. NON-dominant, bathes, stands for hoofcare, vets, takes wormers, etc, all well. Has been on very little grass for 5 years but not for metabolic reasons, I had to separate her from the pasos (whom she hates) and she just ended up in the small pasture with her buddy

Copper: 24 year old QH x Arab, 15hh, chestnut, old rear leg injury makes her unsound for more than light riding and she will need an SMBII boot for that. No vices, sweet temper, can be bossy with other horses but isn't into killing them, just makes a lot of noise. Old trail hand that has BTDT, would concievably make a good therapy horse or light lesson horse for raw beginners (to limit riding time with tht leg) as she is thoroughly sacked and unflappable. This mare was a trail horse extraordinaire, and deserves the best.

Encantador: 6 year old Paso Fino stud, great pedigree, great conformation, great gaits, sweet stallion but would make an excellent gelding, Green, had initial training with Parelli method and he really likes that. Very sensative and learns fast. High play drive but settles easily (for a stud!) and will do even better if gelded.

Medias: 15 year old Paso Fino gelding, bay with 4 socks and blaze, little trail experience (though he does really well with a buddy!) but well trained, hasn't been ridden in some time but gets back under saddle without fuss. Likes John Lyons type stuff. This horse is insulin resistant, but early stage, is easily managed with diet and exercise, he is on the thin side right now on purpose, not foundered. He loves to jump, freat gaits, will trot if allowed but has a really pretty trot. He's cantered only three times in his life under saddle but can and its lovely. He has a lump on his shoulder that requires a special saddle pad that will go with him, and he will need boots for trail riding or on rocks unless he is gotten into a situation where he can toughen his hooves - his pasture has been totally non-challenging so he isn't fully calloused. He's very good with older or "lame" people, affectionate and plain sweet.

Pesquisa: yearling Paso Fino filly, not regeistered, should mature around 14.1-2hh, probably going up to the farm where her mother was bred, but she is still techncally on the list. Really sweet filly, great gaits, black roan, may grey but I doubt it. Has had some light work with Parelli method and is very intellegent and willing to please.

All horses are in need of vaccines, tooth floats, and attention. I can't swing that financially, I'm not asking any money for any of these, just really good homes.

I also have 2 cats and a dog to home out if anyone is interested. I don't want to have to take any to the pound, but if I have to I will, I have to rebuild my life and get on with it. Cold truth, no fun.

Thanks for any help you guys can give. If you refer this to anyone, make sure they know to tell me who they got the info from.

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
That is Coreen..tell her to contact me I have known her for a few years she wrote me about these guys a few weeks ago then I never heard back from her...

S

saddlesore

I'm so sorry to hear that - my thoughts are with you. Talk to some of the local tack store owners/managers. They are usually a good source of information about who's looking for a horse, and so forth.

I'm sending lots of positive vibes your way. . . .

flarenuphope

laura+flare= gone
like i said there not my horses, nor is it my situation, just got this in a email and wanted to spread the word... i thought paso would know her :lmao:
though i have no clue who the person is myself,not personaly, mabey if i saw her in person i would...

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
Only horse still available

Copper: 24 year old QH x Arab, 15hh, chestnut, old rear leg injury makes her unsound for more than light riding and she will need an SMBII boot for that. No vices, sweet temper, can be bossy with other horses but isn't into killing them, just makes a lot of noise. Old trail hand that has BTDT, would concievably make a good therapy horse or light lesson horse for raw beginners (to limit riding time with tht leg) as she is thoroughly sacked and unflappable. This mare was a trail horse extraordinaire, and deserves the best.