Just to be nosey

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
My mother called me and asked me that question, so I have been googling my fingers off and cannot find an answer to it. If anyone knows please share.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Has it also been reported that Trump allowed Air Force Two to be used for his transport?

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Some thanks!

And flew all his family - at THEIR request.

In a statement issued Aug. 27, Trump said he had acted in response to the late senators’ survivors.

“At the request of the McCain family, I have also authorized military transportation of Senator McCain’s remains from Arizona to Washington, D.C., military pallbearers and band support, and a horse and caisson transport during the service at the United States Naval Academy,” Trump said in the statement, as distributed by The Associated Press.

https://www.westernjournal.com/medi...-president-lends-air-force-two-bring-body-dc/

Hijinx

Just who paid for John McCains funeral? Any takers?

The American taxpayer paid the greater portion.
AF-2 doesn't come cheap, then the military and honor guards.

The McCain family may have paid the funeral home for the casket--------------Maybe not.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
The funeral in Arizona - I would think the family would have paid. Not sure, though.

Like Jazz said the AF-2 transport was authorized by the POTUS, but there was something that I read that said they family has to request it, because, as a Senator, he was entitled to lie in State at the US Capitol, but doesn't HAVE to. The Funeral at the National Cathedral - was definitely paid for by the US Taxpayers. The burial, which could have been at Arlington (which he didn't take advantage of - but requested Annapolis, instead) was also paid for by the US Taxpayers.

While he was certainly entitled to the military honors he received along with a burial and even the transport from AZ to DC due to his political office - I feel like it was way overblown and cost a crap-ton more money than it really should have. Especially since Ms. Cindy Loohoo can certainly have afforded all of that. :rolleyes:

My father's and my mother's burials at Arlington - was also paid for by the US Taxpayers. We had about 1 hour before the service for my family to gather at the reception place. (Strict! 1 hour!) We had 1 car which transported my mother's cremated remains, that we followed over to the Columbarium. (a procession of about 4 cars, as there were not a lot of people attending) and a vehicle which carried the Officiant and possibly the honor guard. That was it. :lol: