Justice Ginsburg has died

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
RIP RBG - I'm all about women on the SCOTUS. She definitely held on to the end.

I don't think there is any chance in hell the position would be filled by election day. No time for the confirmation hearings, much less a nomination of a candidate.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
RIP RBG - I'm all about women on the SCOTUS. She definitely held on to the end.

I don't think there is any chance in hell the position would be filled by election day. No time for the confirmation hearings, much less a nomination of a candidate.
I agree. No way that process could, or should, be rushed that much.

Hijinx

She held out for one reason---------a political one.
For that reason I feel her career went out with a shadow on it.

I don't have a problem with having another woman on the Supreme court in her place I only hope it will be a Conservative one.

BOP

Also, random thought: do you think she'll get as big a send-off as poor, dead George did?

Scootboot

ABC already had a 20 minute tribute recorded and are playing it. We were watching Jeopardy when they had the special report and it is amazing how this recording is all in the past tense and this woman just died. I know they prepare in advance but this was almost overboard.

BOP

By the way here is another reason to keep Trump in the WH---to keep Hillary off the Supreme Court.
Or Mooch. You can guaran-damn-tee that the Demon rats will push for an expanded SCOTUS if Harris...er, I mean Biden takes office.

Bann

PREMO Member
Wouldn't it have to be by the inauguration day not election day if Trump loses?
What I meant was that the Libs will most likely TRY to thwart any effort on the POTUS' part to nominate someone before the election.

Knowing Trump, though, he WILL nominate someone. He isn't a wishy-washy, passive person like most of the other Republican POTUS' were.

Bann

PREMO Member
A Constitutional Lawyer on FNC (Jenna Ellis) just said that it is up to the POTUS to nominate or not before election day (there is no timeline) and then it moves into the "Advice and Consent" of the Congress.

So, I'm sure he will nominate one sooner, rather than later. :yay: