Justice Ginsburg has died

phreddyp

RIP RBG - I'm all about women on the SCOTUS. She definitely held on to the end.

I don't think there is any chance in hell the position would be filled by election day. No time for the confirmation hearings, much less a nomination of a candidate.
Trumps term does not end until January ! The same for congress ! There is plenty of time, Trumps choice most likely has already been made he just has to announce her, Republicans play the long game not like the Dems !

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member

my-thyme

..if momma ain't happy...
Patron
My first reaction is that this is a mistake. But Jason Chaffetz made a good point last night, that this election is going to be contentious and will most likely end up in the Supreme Court. In which case, we'll need to have all 9 judges because a 4-4 tie would really gum up the works.

I think it's gross that we have to consider political bent with our Supreme Court. Those people are supposed to uphold the Constitution, not push an agenda.

Ted Cruz also said, H Clinton has already warned Biden not to concede the election. So, we'll need a full court to make that decision. 8 will only end in a tie.

Tech

Tacky, I agree. But it's not like this was unexpected. I thought she was a goner last year. Honestly, they probably have one prepped on every prominent person.
And always an embarrassment when they do any update and the intern posts it instead of saving.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
Good point...I'd forgotten about that. From what I'm seeing on the snews, I guess Trump will probably go for it. Gonna be real ugly to watch.
I had also forgotten that. Bush cuuld be very wishy-washy and slow to make decisions I thought, but in retrospect - I guess I was wrong. (at least on this!)

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
We had 3 women on the Supreme Court all pushing an agenda.

One just died pushing it with her last breath.
And you don't think that the men on the Supreme Court are not also pushing their own agenda? That's a serious question

Hijinx

And you don't think that the men on the Supreme Court are not also pushing their own agenda? That's a serious question
Hopefully I would like to believe they place their judgement's on the law like they are supposed to do, and not their agenda.
So far the women haven't shown me much and to be honest Clarence Thomas appears to do a good job with it.

Yooper

Up. Identified. Lase. Fire. On the way.
Of course the Left is saying Trump shouldn't nominate anyone and the Senate shouldn't go through the confirmation process if he does.

One word:

Wah!

A second one:

ESAD.

Four comments:

1. The President is President until (s)he isn't. So (s)he enjoys the prerogatives of being President until the next one is sworn in.

2. The Left's tears/screams/threats about the political malfeasance of Trump and The Right if a nomination is pushed through..., sorry, but Tough Sh!t. If anyone politicized this process it was RBG who held on until the end. As Matt Vespa succinctly explains:

Still, ‘Notorious RBG’ made a serious miscalculation by not retiring during the Obama years. If she had, there probably would be a much younger jurist holding the line for the liberal wing of the Supreme Court right now. No hassle. Alas, that didn’t happen, and for all these liberals who are going ballistic—this battle was really RBG’s choosing. I think she, like many, thought Hillary Clinton would win the 2016 election. She would then ride off into the sunset and that would be it.

3. If one wants to assign blame to the next malefactor, then let's say hi to Harry Reid.

4. Finally, The Left has threatened rioting (etc.) already. So this threat about rioting if Trump forwards a nom and the Senate confirms rings as hollow as broken bell. You, The Left, were already "gonna bring it on," so what's one more shrill temper tantrum. We on The Right are now not only desensitized to your threats we are also prepared. So bring it on.

--- End of line (MCP)

Last edited:

Yooper

Up. Identified. Lase. Fire. On the way.