Justice Ginsburg has died

herb749

Democrats wanting to start a civil war need to be reminded of who the gun owners are in this country. And not the inner city thugs who illegally own and can't shoot straight. The gun owners on the right at least go to practice at a gun range.

PJay

Democrats wanting to start a civil war need to be reminded of who the gun owners are in this country. And not the inner city thugs who illegally own and can't shoot straight. The gun owners on the right at least go to practice at a gun range.

A lot of active and ex- military as well.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
Hopefully I would like to believe they place their judgement's on the law like they are supposed to do, and not their agenda.
So far the women haven't shown me much and to be honest Clarence Thomas appears to do a good job with it.
What sex based agenda would the men on the SC have? Example?
Maybe not sex-based agendas - but certainly ideology plays a part in almost every single Justice's decisions at some point or other.

stgislander

PREMO Member
From the last link...
All eyes are now on Mitt Romney, Lindsey Graham, Chuck Grassley, and others who have shown to be weak in the knees on this issue. They have a choice to make. They should choose wisely or there will be consequences.
I'm pretty sure we know what choice Mitt will make.

Grumpy

Smokey1

Maybe not sex-based agendas - but certainly ideology plays a part in almost every single Justice's decisions at some point or other.

Yes and so what is your point then?

Personally I want a justice who follows a constructionist view. I don't care what sex they happen to be.

Yooper

Up. Identified. Lase. Fire. On the way.
Enjoy this thread from President Obama about SCOTUS nominations in an election year:

--- End of line (MCP)

Louise

Wanna watch the entire left lose what's left of their minds? Let Trump nominate Kayleigh McEnany.

She would be a great choice. One of the sites I look at every day has a column titled Kayleigh Beats the Press. She is awesome!

She is a Tina from the Bronx without the profanity. Look up Tina from the Bronx. She is awesome, as well.

Last edited:

Louise

Enjoy this thread from President Obama about SCOTUS nominations in an election year:

--- End of line (MCP)

Great scooping! The hypocrisy of it all is oozing out of the soil. Maybe, that is why our fall plant seeding in our garden isn’t doing so well. We have never seen so many meely worms and crickets destroying the plants before they are fully growing. We have a new strategy. :)

Louise

Yeah, but what's he say now?

WE know that Obama was not born in the USA; so there is that. Even, his own Muslim bro hates him. Mums the word; so to speak.And, what does he say, now? ...Stop bothering me because I live in Martha’s Vineyard, have other abodes that were paid for by others, have millions of dollars, and am busy writing volumes of books that I didn’t write. It was fun being a puppet prez, but I am pissed that Biden will out do me. Sincerely, Barry Sosoros. Pun intended. God bless the USA.

Last edited:

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
Yes and so what is your point then?

Personally I want a justice who follows a constructionist view. I don't care what sex they happen to be.
MY original point was a counter point to both Hijinx and your points that only MEN seated on the USCOTUS are capable of unbiased opinions. 🙄

Through the years, Presidents of both parties have chosen male candidates who were in their party and they have turned out to rule much different on some cases.

SamSpade

The specter of the old Merrick Garland thing is going to re-emerge.

What gets me is - does anyone believe that anyone takes a position on this that ISN'T utterly motivated by political expedience?

Of course, we have what was later termed - the Biden rule (ironic, huh) where in 1992 Senator Biden spoke at length about the possibility of nominating a SCOTUS member during a hotly campaigned political season where the White House and Senate would likely flip?

So - when it got brought up in 2016 when Scalia died - the Dems were all over the place indicating their complete opposition to this previously embraced principle - don't do it during a presidential campaign season.

There's little question in my mind - what the Republicans did with Garland was wrong. They should have just let the nomination go through - and voted it down. They reasoned incorrectly that it was more politically advantageous to stop it than go on the record as voting it down. But it's what they should have done.

But you can't have it both ways - the argument NOW is going to be the other way around - again. After vehement denials that there's any such thing as a "Biden rule" - they will invoke it anyway.

Because they know most people have short memories.