Justin Trudeau is 47 years old

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I am 8 years older than him.

He just admitted to wearing blackface and doing sketchy racial bullshit as a youth.

WTH?

I don't know anyone who did that crap. Nobody in my high school ever did. I always feel like such a weirdo when this racial crap comes up - was I raised on the freaking Moon?? Larry would talk about race riots at his Laurel, MD school and how there was some sign in his town that said, "Ni**er, be out of town before sundown." I never even heard of things like that. I have never called some black person a N-word in my life - who freaking talks like that? As far as I'm aware, calling people racial slurs has been wrong my whole entire life. Sure, you had a few redneck/ghetto shitbags who didn't know how to act, but reasonably raised people just didn't do that.

I have a vague memory of race riots on the news and civil rights marches, but that was like a movie or something to me because there was nothing like that going on in my city. Hell, I had black kids in my kindergarten class. I have never experienced segregation in my life. I've seen racism and bigotry, but it was much later in life and so aberrant that I was stunned.

So how old are you, where did you grow up, and was there a lot of racial what have you when you were a kid? Am I the only freaking weirdo who didn't have this as part of their life? Is my hometown of Lincoln, NE some bizarre otherworld??

littlelady

God bless the USA
The black face thing is a joke. Just one more thing to divide people. It is dressing up in costume for an event. It was an innocent thing to do back in the day, but now has become a racial issue. What is next? Banning Halloween? Probably.

black dog

Free America
Bethesda, Md graduated in 76, Walter Johnson HS
I can name the handful of black kids I went from elementary to HS with.
If you took the Howland bros away you cut that number in half.
No race riots and no issues,these were just white kids with dark skin and wooly hair.
I believe more issues around where I grew up and still today happen at Church Hill HS area with the Scotland community. And over in PG county with some of the busing that was going on then.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member

He just admitted to wearing blackface and doing sketchy racial bullshit as a youth.

WTH?

I don't know anyone who did that crap. Nobody in my high school ever did. I always feel like such a weirdo when this racial crap comes up - was I raised on the freaking Moon?? Larry would talk about race riots at his Laurel, MD school and how there was some sign in his town that said, "Ni**er, be out of town before sundown." I never even heard of things like that. I have never called some black person a N-word in my life - who freaking talks like that? As far as I'm aware, calling people racial slurs has been wrong my whole entire life. Sure, you had a few redneck/ghetto shitbags who didn't know how to act, but reasonably raised people just didn't do that.

I have a vague memory of race riots on the news and civil rights marches, but that was like a movie or something to me because there was nothing like that going on in my city. Hell, I had black kids in my kindergarten class. I have never experienced segregation in my life. I've seen racism and bigotry, but it was much later in life and so aberrant that I was stunned.

So how old are you, where did you grow up, and was there a lot of racial what have you when you were a kid? Am I the only freaking weirdo who didn't have this as part of their life? Is my hometown of Lincoln, NE some bizarre otherworld??

I'm 60 years old and I don't recall anyone doing this in any of the places I've lived. My dad was Navy and we lived overseas while I was in elementary school. Moved back to the states in 1972 and since then we lived in Norfolk, VA, Scranton, PA for about a year when he retired and then here to southern MD. BEFORE that, I lived in the deep, deep south for about 3 months in Mobile, AL before moving to Italy. (late 1966-early 1967)

I've never seen that.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I've never done anything like that. Growing up in SF Bay Area, I lived with ALL kinds of people.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
But he's Canadian, so as long as he was exceedingly polite and repeated everything said in both english and french.... :sshrug:
I was thinking that very same thing last night watching the clip...

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
CNN's Don Lemon knocks Trump while praising Justin Trudeau's apology

CNN anchor Don Lemon squeezed in a swipe of President Trump while praising Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau for his handling of the brownface photo controversy that emerged Wednesday night.

Lemon expressed his pleasant shock that a "leader" would apologize and knocked the U.S. leader in the process.

"Wow, a leader apologizing. It seems odd, doesn't it?" Lemon reacted. "Because we have one who doesn't."

The TDS is embedded in them! :lmao:

herb749

CNN anchor Don Lemon squeezed in a swipe of President Trump while praising Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau for his handling of the brownface photo controversy that emerged Wednesday night.

Lemon expressed his pleasant shock that a "leader" would apologize and knocked the U.S. leader in the process.

"Wow, a leader apologizing. It seems odd, doesn't it?" Lemon reacted. "Because we have one who doesn't."

Did he have to say about him wearing blackface or did he just praise him for the apology because he agrees with him politically .??

Lurk

Happy Creepy Ass Cracka
WTH?

I don't know anyone who did that crap. Nobody in my high school ever did. I always feel like such a weirdo when this racial crap comes up - was I raised on the freaking Moon??

Lincoln has never been a hotbed of racial animosity. When you lived there a significant portion of the local economy depended on a successful (read: integrated) Cornhusker football team. Had you lived in Omaha, there would have been places you wouldn't have shown your lily-white self at night.

transporter

Just to point out the stunningly obvious....

Don Lemon was pointing out the difference between a leader and a completely self centered egoist.

In order to rationalize your pathetically wrong vote for a man who has zero business being President, you attack Don Lemon? Well, that should not come as a surprise should it?

Seems you are the one with the problem, but that should not come as a surprise either. Given you voted for an continue to support a man who goes against all the principles who claim to care about.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
I was watching Fox5 DC news this morning and the anchor said "brownface" and I did a double take as I have never heard it call that. Anyone know what the difference is?

Navy brat for my first several years. My first real memories are living in Massachusetts and I doubt there were many black people in that area. We moved down here in the late 60s and I don't remember any real racial tension. In fact, my best friend in 3rd and 4th grade in Leonardtown was black. My family moved to Lexington Park after that and we lost touch, but I have occasionally run into her over the years and she still remembers our friendship.

Last edited:

SamSpade

My high school was about a third black. No conflicts per se - just that the black kids tended to hang out together, eat together, play sports together.
White kids did too, but while we had black kids who hung out with us - they were usually the black nerds who had trouble fitting in with other black kids.

This was the late 70's, so there were often dances that featured more music towards one group or another, and the challenge for the student council was to find a band or theme that both groups would go with. Typically groups like the Commodores or Earth, Wind and Fire - top 40 R&B - appealed to both.

We didn't have the kind of stuff until much later - long after I graduated - when drugs seriously penetrated the area - and while it might have happened along racial lines, it was still about drugs.

stgislander

PREMO Member
I notice regarding Trudeau the reports I've read call it "brownface". Is that the Canadian version of "blackface"?

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
I notice regarding Trudeau the reports I've read call it "brownface". Is that the Canadian version of "blackface"?
:yay:

They have to differentiate themselves in all things, by law.

That's why they always ruin the French Fries.

awpitt

Main Streeter

WTH?

I lived in Laurel, MD. Late 60s, early 70s. I remember busing going on and that the grown-ups weren't happy about it. It was the same in Colorado Springs when I lived there. I have very very vague memories of riots near our neighborhood. Not sure if it was racial or related to Vietnam. My Dad later told me it was after MLK was shot. He said some were coming up the Wash/Blat Parkway which was adjacent to our street. I remember one day when my Mom pulled me out of school for a DR's appointment. Afterwards, we tried going to the Equitable Trust Bank at the Laurel Shopping Center but couldn't get there because everything was blocked off because George Wallace had been shot.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I was watching Fox5 DC news this morning and the anchor said "brownface" and I did a double take as I have never heard it call that. Anyone know what the difference is?

He dressed up as Aladdin for a play - something like that - and Aladdin isn't black, he's brown.

The whole thing sounds like a tempest in a teapot, but I will happily force the Left to live by their own rules and rub their face in their own mess.

Hijinx

I was raised here in St. Mary's County. I am 77 and I went to a segregated school.
In fact most things were segregated. Even the Labor Day festivals.
Blacks had their own things and whites had theirs, but we seemed to get along well.
We had older blacks that we called "Aunt" and "Uncle" as a sign of respect towards older Negro's--we called blacks "colored people" that was the accepted term then.
Just like they called themselves "Colored People" when they formed the NAACP,but they never changed the name to Angry Negro's so it's still the NAACP.
I went to a segregated school, it was 1965 before St. Mary's was integrated.
When the N word was used it was used against a black that was pretty much a disgrace to his race,it wasn't used to denote what was then considered "decent" blacks. The word grew in popularity during the integration years when blacks started became more demanding.When they started busting blocks and "invading" formerly white business's and territories. Now we know of course that it is only proper for everyone to use the same facilities.and it has become accepted. To say the word wasn't used is a lie. Today it is still used on occasion when particularly agregious things happen that call it to mind.

Back in my youth no one thought it was particularly evil that whites had their own entertainment facilities and places to go.
Today it seems easy to see the wrong in their having to drive farther to find a black motel or restaurant. Back then there was little thought given to it by white people. It was just accepted in the white community. Of course it was wrong,that blacks were accepted as domestics and workers at hard labor jobs,and not intellectually equal. But it wasn't so much animosity as just ignorance. Still even in today's modern thinking, there are blacks who whites do not want to be around and in large cities they are not helping their future with their gang murders and drug dealers. There are white killers and drug dealers also and no one wants to be around them either, but they tend to not gather in one spot like the ghetto dwellers in large cities and whites tend not to riot when one of us goes down by the police. They are even more stupid and riot after foot ball wins.

My post may seem old,but there were White Only signs posted in St. Mary's when I was younger.
You want the truth posted and there it is.

Reactions: BOP

Hijinx

He dressed up as Aladdin for a play - something like that - and Aladdin isn't black, he's brown.

The whole thing sounds like a tempest in a teapot, but I will happily force the Left to live by their own rules and rub their face in their own mess.

I remember when I was young my cousin went to a Halloween party dressed as a minstrel.
You may notice I said Minstrel, not a black man.
Back then it was not considered dressing as a black but as a minstrel.
I think most times that was the thought ---to dress as a minstrel, not as a black.
Today white kids dress as blacks by wearing their pants down around their knees turning their baseball caps around backwards,and using the MF word, but no one seems to mind.