Juvenile cosmetics

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Ladies, help me understand the attraction of cosmetic and perfume containers decorated with Hello Kitty or Tokidoki characters. These products are for women, not kids, and I can't imagine why any adult would want something like that. Or any other cosmetic that could be described as "adorable".

It's weird.

onebdzee

off the shelf
Ladies, help me understand the attraction of cosmetic and perfume containers decorated with Hello Kitty or Tokidoki characters. These products are for women, not kids, and I can't imagine why any adult would want something like that. Or any other cosmetic that could be described as "adorable".

It's weird.

I know quite a few teenagers(boys and girls) that like the Hello Kitty stuff :shrug:

residualvisuals

black widow
I like Badtz Maru from the Sanrio lineup. I'm not sure I've seen the Tokidoki stuff, though.

Adorable is girly, though. Can't women want a little cutesy in their life?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I like Badtz Maru from the Sanrio lineup. I'm not sure I've seen the Tokidoki stuff, though.

Adorable is girly, though. Can't women want a little cutesy in their life?
They have these Tokidoki purse perfumes that look like Pez dispensers.

Women can want cutesy, it just seems weird to me. You're in the ladies at some bar and the gal at the mirror next to you pulls out a Hello Kitty mascara, it's just weird. :lol:

I know quite a few teenagers(boys and girls) that like the Hello Kitty stuff :shrug:

I don't get the impression they're marketing to teens. The models are always adult women.

Attachments

• toki.jpg
    toki.jpg
    12.7 KB · Views: 100