Kabob Kingdom

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Can't say I have ever bought a large beef tenderloin. The only large chunks of meat I regularly cook are pot roasts. But at $88 a loin I probably won't start either. I do regularly cook those pre-seasoned pork tenderloins. Toss the whole package in my sous vide for a couple hours at 140 degrees then finish under the full blast broiler for 10 minutes or so to get a nice crust and get it up to "acceptable" internal temperature.
It's a 6 pounder and I only need half. I slice up the rest into steaks and freeze them. I've bought those pre-seasoned pork loins before, but find them terribly salty. I like this recipe...

Pork Tenderlion with Cherry Merlot Sauce

2 lb. pork tenderloin
1 10 oz. jar Polaner All fruit Black Cherry
Merlot (fill empty jar with wine and add to sauce pan)
1 Tbs. Raspberry vinegar
1 Tbs. Rosemary

Put all but pork in saucepan and heat until jam melts. Put Pork in 1 gallon bag and pour in the marinade and let rest for 4 hours or overnight.

Then put in oven at 350* for an hour, boil marinade for at least one minute and use for gravy.

SamSpade

No idea. This guess is just based on the location and past experience with the many other ventures that have occupied that building. In my opinion, the only reason that the Cow & Fish did so well for so long was because it was a local person who was quasi-famous. I really do not see a kabob place surviving there for very long.

SamSpade

No idea. This guess is just based on the location

And I was AMAZED that Cow and Fish did so well for so long, because the one thing you need for a successful restaurant is ease of access to the front door. It's right on the main highway, but parking is awful and the building is small. Every time I drive past that place, I ask myself - what business doesn't require a LOT of parking to prosper? And I keep thinking - real estate office. Because fast food and donut shops need people to come and go easily.

What astonishes me is that the old Ruby Tuesdays took so long for someone to move in, because it's in THE best spot in the county. It is in just about the EASIEST place to get IN and OUT - it's accessible to the most visited stores in the county. And they're going to put in a restaurant next door to another restaurant which is arguably the closest thing to the SAME THING.

rio

And I was AMAZED that Cow and Fish did so well for so long, because the one thing you need for a successful restaurant is ease of access to the front door. It's right on the main highway, but parking is awful and the building is small. Every time I drive past that place, I ask myself - what business doesn't require a LOT of parking to prosper? And I keep thinking - real estate office. Because fast food and donut shops need people to come and go easily.

What astonishes me is that the old Ruby Tuesdays took so long for someone to move in, because it's in THE best spot in the county. It is in just about the EASIEST place to get IN and OUT - it's accessible to the most visited stores in the county. And they're going to put in a restaurant next door to another restaurant which is arguably the closest thing to the SAME THING.
What is going in the old Ruby Tuesday?