Kamala Harris Actions and Reactions

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member

Crybabies: Kamala Harris’ Staff Is Whining About The Food On Air Force Two

But staffers who fly on Air Force Two with Vice President Kamala Harris are claiming they get served shabby meals.

“It’s a little more Southwest Airlines than Four Seasons,” said a former staffer to Harris, who described Air Force Two food as “horrible slop,” Politico reported.

The veep’s staffers complain that they get served cold pasta salad, soggy cold-cut sandwiches on white rolls, and bags of chips. When they’re flying early in the morning, it’s usually an egg and spinach breakfast burrito.

“Their counterparts on President Joe Biden’s plane get filet mignon and other hot delicacies on gold-rimmed plates, accompanied by cold beers,” The Telegraph reported.

“Everything sucks compared to AF-1,” a second former vice presidential staffer told Politico. “It’s so much more sophisticated and professional.”

“Another downside of Air Force Two: no booze. While staffers flying with the president can order a beer on the way home from a long day of travel, those traveling on the vice president’s plane don’t have that option,” Politico wrote.
I'm calling BS on this one. 1 of my duty stations was Andrews Air Force Base. I was on the Navy side. We supported 3 type of aircraft. The T-39, the C-9 and at the time the slickest ride in the inventory the C-20. The C-20 is the designation of the civilianl Gulfstream IV.

We took people from capitol hill on junkets when it was in the best interests of the navy. We would get notified a few days before of a pending flight. We would contact someone on the staff to coordinate what they would want as far as food & beverage. I'm telling you, they got to choose what they wanted. And there was no shortage of alcohol in flight.

The C-9 & C-20 each had fully equipped galleys. The T-39 didn't. So those meals were mostly cold sandwiches and maybe soup from a thermos. I have to imagine that the galley on air force II is pretty nice. If they want more than little packets of pretzels & peanuts, they need to speak up.

FWIW, most of the people I flew have long retired from politics. In fact, most have passed away. Because at the time they were quite old and many had mobility issues. Strom Thurmon shook so bad, I was shocked he didn't give himself a shower when he attempted to drink his coffee.

The most down to earth person I flew with was Sam Gejdenson. He was a democrat from Connecticut who started out life being born in a German refugee camp right after the end of WW II. He won 1 of his congressional elections by 21 votes. Talk about razor thin margin of victory.

StadEMS3

PREMO Member
I'm calling BS on this one. 1 of my duty stations was Andrews Air Force Base. I was on the Navy side. We supported 3 type of aircraft. The T-39, the C-9 and at the time the slickest ride in the inventory the C-20. The C-20 is the designation of the civilianl Gulfstream IV.

We took people from capitol hill on junkets when it was in the best interests of the navy. We would get notified a few days before of a pending flight. We would contact someone on the staff to coordinate what they would want as far as food & beverage. I'm telling you, they got to choose what they wanted. And there was no shortage of alcohol in flight.

The C-9 & C-20 each had fully equipped galleys. The T-39 didn't. So those meals were mostly cold sandwiches and maybe soup from a thermos. I have to imagine that the galley on air force II is pretty nice. If they want more than little packets of pretzels & peanuts, they need to speak up.

FWIW, most of the people I flew have long retired from politics. In fact, most have passed away. Because at the time they were quite old and many had mobility issues. Strom Thurmon shook so bad, I was shocked he didn't give himself a shower when he attempted to drink his coffee.

The most down to earth person I flew with was Sam Gejdenson. He was a democrat from Connecticut who started out life being born in a German refugee camp right after the end of WW II. He won 1 of his congressional elections by 21 votes. Talk about razor thin margin of victory.
I flew on AF1/II for 10/5 yrs, the food the flight attendants prepared was always amazing! I also noticed it depends on the admistration in office who were the whinny primadonna types who had no respect for the aircraft or crews.

Grumpy

I flew on AF1/II for 10/5 yrs, the food the flight attendants prepared was always amazing! I also noticed it depends on the admistration in office who were the whinny primadonna types who had no respect for the aircraft or crews.
You work under Mark Donnelly when he was AF 1's pilot?

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Vice President Kamala Harris will mark the first anniversary of the Supreme Court overturning Roe v. Wade by traveling to North Carolina and rallying pro-abortion activists as the state prepares to enact its own law protecting unborn babies.

A White House official told The Hill this week that Harris will travel to Charlotte to deliver a “major speech” focused on contrasting the Biden administration’s pro-abortion efforts with Republicans’ efforts to pass supposedly “extreme legislation.” Harris is also expected to reiterate the White House’s support of a federal law codifying the so-called “right” to abortion. According to the report:

North Carolina is currently at the center to the ongoing state-level fight over abortion access. The state Legislature last month voted to override a veto from Gov. Roy Cooper (D) that would have stopped a ban on abortions after 12 weeks of pregnancy from going into effect. With the override, the law will go into effect on July 1.

Harris is also marking the Dobbs anniversary by sitting down for a televised roundtable discussion hosted by MSNBC’s Joy Reid, according to the White House.

The Supreme Court ruled 5-4 on June 24 last year to overturn its 1973 Roe v. Wade decision, holding in the Dobbs case that the Constitution does not include a right to abortion and returning the issue of abortion laws and regulations to state legislatures. Since then, several Republican-led states have moved to pass laws limiting abortion and holding abortionists and accomplices accountable who violate state abortion laws.

stgislander

PREMO Member
Vice President Kamala Harris will mark the first anniversary of the Supreme Court overturning Roe v. Wade by traveling to North Carolina and rallying pro-abortion activists as the state prepares to enact its own law protecting unborn babies.

A White House official told The Hill this week that Harris will travel to Charlotte to deliver a “major speech” focused on contrasting the Biden administration’s pro-abortion efforts with Republicans’ efforts to pass supposedly “extreme legislation.” Harris is also expected to reiterate the White House’s support of a federal law codifying the so-called “right” to abortion. According to the report:

Harris is also marking the Dobbs anniversary by sitting down for a televised roundtable discussion hosted by MSNBC’s Joy Reid, according to the White House.

The Supreme Court ruled 5-4 on June 24 last year to overturn its 1973 Roe v. Wade decision, holding in the Dobbs case that the Constitution does not include a right to abortion and returning the issue of abortion laws and regulations to state legislatures. Since then, several Republican-led states have moved to pass laws limiting abortion and holding abortionists and accomplices accountable who violate state abortion laws.

I am expecting some delicious word salad in Charlotte.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Kamala Harris' demands for 'assault weapons ban' jeered: 'Heading out to buy some more'

Vice President Kamala Harris kicked over a beehive after she said some firearms have "no place" in civil society on Twitter Thursday.

Biden’s vice president has a history of verbal gaffes, but she was very clear in a tweet that called for an "assault weapons ban" from Congress, promising the president himself would sign it.

"Weapons of war have no place on the streets of a civil society," she tweeted. "Congress must pass an assault weapons ban. President Biden will sign it."

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Notice her stylist's handiwork here -- the black background, the judicial-looking flowing white satin top with no buttonwork and the dark sepulchral jacket. Notice the regally folded hands.

She's playing justice herself here herself in the publicity work, as if she's got kind that of authority. Yet in claiming a Constitutional right to abortion that somehow has been "taken away" by the Supreme Court, she reminds us all why she flunked her bar exam the first time she took it.

Justices make rulings. Congress and the states make Constitutional laws. This person has served in the upper house of Congress, as well as for the state of California and is supposedly a lawyer, and yet she doesn't seem to know this.

She can go out and have an abortion any time she likes in her home state and no "Constitutional" or any other "rights" have been taken from her.

The Dobbs ruling, which overturned Roe v. Wade last year, simply returned the matter back to the states, where some states are in favor of it, and others are not in favor of it. Anyone who doesn't like how their state has called it can simply vote their lawmakers out of office and get the laws they like with new legislators if they have the majority on their side. Harris claims she does have a majority, so that shouldn't be a problem.

But she's out there stumping and spreading disinformation, about the Constitution, as well as herself, curiously claiming she has a daughter who would want an abortion, plus nieces and baby nieces who she claims view abortion as a must-have.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Kamala Harris Says ‘Book Bans’ Make LGBT People ‘Afraid’ For Their Lives

Allegations of book banning started after Republican Gov. Ron DeSantis signed legislation protecting parental rights in Florida in March 2022, which led to schools pulling multiple books on the grounds of having explicit content, including “Gender Queer,” “Let’s Talk About It” and “It’s Perfectly Normal.” Parents across the country have raised objections to books with sexually explicit content in recent years.

“This fight is not over, when I look at the fact that in our country, we’re looking at somewhere around 600 bills being proposed or passed, anti-LGBTQ, book bans, a policy approach that is ‘don’t say gay,’ people in fear for their life, people afraid to be, to be!,” Harris said in front of the Stonewall Inn in New York City, the location of a violent protest that launched the modern gay rights movement.

LGBT activists called the Florida legislation the “don’t say gay” law because it prohibited discussing sexual orientation and gender identity from kindergarten through third grade, and blocked schools from preventing teachers from informing parents about mental health issues in the wake of multiple cases across the country where schools started to secretly transition children.

SamSpade

They seem to make it abundantly clear that just about anything you say or do makes them "afraid for their lives". Maybe they should visit a nation where fear of death is a little more spelled out.

And just to be clear - just because some of our more "woke" European or elsewhere nations proclaim tolerance for differences - it's all talk. They get to declare how not racist they are, because they're extremely homogeneous and their minority groups are typically gathered in small places, away from everywhere else.

You might THINK that, yeah, LGBT people are 'safe' in Europe and some other countries, but don't bet your life on it. There's violence - and law enforcement just shrugs it off.