Kamala Harris will give Congress 100 days to act on gun control before taking executive action if president

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
"Conversations take place every night ... between students and their parents, 'Why do these things have to happen? Why do we have to have a drill like that?' To which, of course, the response is because there are people in Washington, D.C., supposed leaders, who have fail to have the courage to reject a false choice, which suggests you're either in favor of the Second Amendment or you want to take everyone's guns away," Harris said.

The former prosecutor added lawmakers had "failed to have the courage" to pass laws like universal background checks and an "assault weapons ban."

"Upon being elected, I will give Congress 100 days to get their act together and have the courage to pass reasonable gun safety laws, and if they fail to do it, then I will take executive action," she said, adding that anyone who sells more than five guns a year will be required to do a background check on their customers.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/...l-before-taking-executive-action-if-president

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Ahhh, impending dictator Kamala Harris. Going to take away a constitutional right....by executive action.

I'm guessing only the non-prog media will cover that reveal. CNN/MSNBC/NBC/ABC/etc will never know it happened. Too busy ranting about fake hate crimes.

USWWarrior

It's a Jeep thang!
Ahhh, impending dictator Kamala Harris. Going to take away a constitutional right....by executive action.

I'm guessing only the non-prog media will cover that reveal. CNN/MSNBC/NBC/ABC/etc will never know it happened. Too busy ranting about fake hate crimes.
and yet the Dems are accusing Trump of being a dictator…….interesting.

Rommey

So, as a sitting US Senator, what has she done to facilitate this goal? Why should she have to wait to be President to take some action, when she is currently in the very organization she is pre-blaming.

limblips

PREMO Member
Big talk for someone who has no chance of getting the nomination unless the DNC pulls a Sanders on her opponents.

SamSpade

So, as a sitting US Senator, what has she done to facilitate this goal? Why should she have to wait to be President to take some action, when she is currently in the very organization she is pre-blaming.

Yeah, I thought the same thing about Elizabeth Warren and all her taxes to pay off student debt.
If it's such a great idea, why doesn't she do it NOW?

nutz

Hmmm, turn the clock back just a little, change the name to another democrat :rolleyes:

Smokey1

Dems have a nasty habit of calling Republicans what they themselves are. So if you ever want to know the Dems agenda, pay attention to what they call Trump.

They call that projection and you are right, its an epidemic with the dems.

Hijinx

I cannot imagine the reaction of the gun owning American people if a President without Congress tried to force anti-gun laws by Executive action.

It wouldn't be pretty.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

That is an excellent point. She could have proposed a bill any time she wanted to. So why didn't she?